Creating a search engine using Tamino

Hello everyone

We are designing a web site and would like to offer the possibility to search it using a search engine.

I am wondering how would I go about this. Tamino will contain a lot of documents with their schemas, such as shows, artists, locations of shows, bios on artists, show description, show categories, etc.

I’d like the search engine to take advantage of the full text search capabilities of Tamino. However so far I heard about it, yet can’t seem to find how to use it.

Also, I don’t want to allow users to be able to see everything. So I was thinking perhaps that elements with attribute private=“true” would be excluded.

But I really have no idea how to go about this. I mean it doesn’t make sense to show an xml fragment to a user just because there was a match. It must be meaningful.

So what should be my strategy? Should I use XLink? (I do not know it, just seems like something that could help)

Or should I have an xml doctype with references to all the possible elements users can search and then just retrieve the right element(s) ?

Thank you very much,

Peter