Create database from backup 4.4 to 8.2

Hi,

I did a new, clean installation of Tamino 8.2 and wonder if it’s possible, somehow, to create a database from backup which was on a Tamino 4.4.
I know that this is an upgrade forum, but I guess a cross-version question fits in as well :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Sorry, my bad.
The set version also works for databases with version 4.4.
Simply right-click on the database and choose set version.

You can close this topic.

Note: Any documentation for this would be in the Tamino product doc rather than the webM upgrade guide.

Marianne

Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:39 AM
To: Jain, Gaurav; wM-Upgrades-Interest-Group; Langer, Paul
Subject: RE: Community forum : Notification on the new topic : “Create database from backup 4.4 to 8.2”

The simple answer is Yes, this can be done. You will need to create a backup of your 4.4 db in the first instance and then copy this file to a location that is accessible from your Tamino 8.2 server (will have .1B0 extension).

Then from your Tamino 8.2 server you can ‘Create database from backup’ and locate your 4.4 .1B0 file. Tamino should then guide you through this process. Once complete, and assuming no errors, the final step would be to ‘Set Version’ on your new database to 8.2.

I am sure the documentation would describe in a more detailed and user-friendly manner, but the basic steps are as described above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jag.