Could not find IDoc "ZORDERS5" on SAP system with system id XXX

Team,

We are facing an issue while posting IDoc data to our SAP system. The other IDocs are successfully parsed by WM IS. But with one
PO UpdateAccept IDoc (Basic Type: ZORDERS5) , we are getting an error as follows:

class com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPAdapterServiceExceptionMessage[SAP.108.9351] WmSAP Adapter: Could not find IDoc “ZORDERS5” on SAP system with system id XXXServicewm.sap.Ale:getIDocDefinition

a) We contacted the SAP Admins, and they said the IDOC is defined at their SAP system, and other applications are able to send the data to them.

b) We are using WM IS 7.1.2, SAP Adapter Version 6.5.0.1.623.
Updates: WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1, SAP_6-5-0_SP1_Fix19

JCo Middleware : sapjcorfc
JCo Version : 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)
JCo Middleware Version : 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)
jRFC Library Version : 2.1.8 (2006-12-11)
jRFC Library Location : \IntegrationServer\lib\sapjcorfc.dll
RFC Library Version : This RFC library belongs to the SAP R/3 Release *** 640,0,165 *** MT-SL Versions of SAP internal libraries: dptr: 2 ni : 37 cpic: 3 rfc : 3
IDoc Library Version : 1.0.4 (2006-10-10)
JCoIDoc Library Version : 1.0.7 (2007-07-20)

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Johnrose

Did you clear the DDIC CACHE and tried look up (SAP Adapter home page)? Try this IDoc By Name and along with the IDOC extension (Z_ORDER05) and make sure SAP made available the doc type for RFC destination/user?

Pls have clear the cache above:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Johnrose,
Just to confirm: Is the IDoc name ZORDERS05 or ZORDERS5 ? In the below error, it is mentioned as ZORDERS5.

As RMG said, using SAP Adapter developer plug-in, you should be able to pull the IDoc structure from SAP.

Regards
Senthil

As stated above yes,you can either pull from developer SAP plug-in or try create Notification thru given with RFC inputs and see if the above mechanism works:

HTH,
RMG

Hello RMG,

Thanks for your response, but unfortunately the issue still persists. I cleared the IDOC Cache as you suggested. I then tried to look-up for all the IDoc’s with which we are concerned.

1. DELVRY03
    2) MBGMCR02
    3) ZPAYADV_CO and others…,
    I can see these IDOC’s from the SAP Look-up screen with all the proper segments. The only issue that I am facing is specifcally with the IDOC “ZORDERS5”. This is an BASIC TYPE, with no Extension.

I even tried to import the SAP IDOC structure through the developer, but again faced the same issue,

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [SAP.105.9207] WmSAP Adapter: IDoc “ZORDERS5(620)” does not exist on SAP system with system id “XXX”

Kindly let me know your thoughts on the same.

Regards,
Johnrose

I believe ‘Z’ indicates custom/extended IDOC with extension. So can you check with SAP they have correct IDOCName,MSGTYP,CIMTYPE one more time and make sure that you are inputting exact lookup? You have to troubleshoot with wM admin/Basis teams as no other options apart from suggestions above:

Also do this ste[s:First disable SAP connection/listener and then clear cache (local) and then enable back and do look up (exact naming conventions)

Let us know how it goes:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Johnrose,
The error what you are facing is clearly the expected one. Please work with your SAP BASIS team, and ask them the IDOC Type and Message Type name for the custom Idoc ZORDER5.

Once they provide the details, check if there are any existing Idoc in SAP using we02 or we05 transactions. This is just to confirm if the details are right though you might get a message as ‘Idoc not available’ if there are really no Idocs of type ZORDER5 inside,

Once they provide you, only if you can PULL the structure from webMethods either through ‘SAP Adapter notification’ or ‘SAP Developer Plug-in’, you can post the Idoc to SAP system.

Thanks
Senthil

Hello Senthil, RMG

Thanks for your responses to the issue at hand. As requested, I asked the SAP BASIS team to get the BASIC IDOC TYPE for IDOC “ZORDERS5”. The basis team has come back with the following response:

a) Basic Type is “ZORDRSP_CO”. It has no extension and the SAP release No is 620.

b) I asked for screen shot of the “ZORDERS5” IDOC from we02/we05 transactions, and they have sent it to me.

As of now, I am clueless as to what next can be done from my end, and I am contemplating to raise a SR with Software AG.

Regards,
Johnrose

Just a thought…can you try IDOC Type with Basis IDOC type mentioned above? Also disable connection and clear DDIC cache and enable it and try lookup:

If not open SAG SR may be the option…Sorry!:frowning:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Johnrose,
I hope you have the SAP Adapter installed in your wM environment.

Please refer to “Generating Document Types for IDocs” section in webMethods SAP Adapter Users Guide (page 128) to proceed further

-Senthil

Hello All,

Thanks for all your comments and posts. The Missing IDoc’s issue has been finally resolved.

Here is how we debugged the issue:

In my Server Logs(Debug level 10), I could see this entry,

JCO.Client.execute (IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE) threw an ABAP exception: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$AbapException: (126) SEGMENT_UNKNOWN: SEGMENT_UNKNOWN.

When we highlighted this to the SAP BASIS Admin team, about the error, they checked their ABAP function module IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE. They concluded saying that

"One data element ZREXXX used in segment of my IDOC is not available in that particular SAP System."

So even though the IDoc was defined, just because it did not have the data element, WM was not able to lookup the IDOC from SAP adapter page.

Thanks again for your inputs.

And just to make things a little frustrating for me, now I am struggling with the issue of

“WmSAP Adapter: Missing notification - MsgType: MBGXXX (DXX-XXX >> Z_XX).”

Life solves one issue and in return gives 2 new issues to resolve. Any ideas on this.

Is it a routing notification or ALE Notification?

If its a routing notification, try to reregister the Notification against default wM Listener.

Also at times, reloading the package which contains Notification fixes the issue.

Glad to hear that issue resolved ! take it easy…