Could not feedback xml values

:mad:

Dear all,

I have problem about using VB program (TaminoNonXML API) to update Tamino via internet
API could not get the feedback ino: values from Tamino so that the non-xml file (PDF file) do not update.~

Env:
Tamino 3.1.1 on Sun Solaris 8;
iplanet 6.0 on same Sun Solaris 8;
VB program using TaminoNonXML API on windows XP Professional;

Sym:
We discover the feedback “Content Type” from Tamino is “text/pain” but not “text/xml”
How could I do ?

Thanks
mark~

Hi Mark,

Normally when you store or update Non XML objects using the ActiveX API, you use the SetNonXmlWithFilename method. This saves your nonXML object in Tamino with a document name and an ino:id. The ino:id is returned as one of the http headers (X-INO-ID) but isn’t normally accessible to your program via the API.

If you want to update your document you just repeat the SetNonXmlWithFilename using the same file name argument. If you want to create a new document you use a new file name. To delete an existing document you can use the XML interface, method TaminoX.DeleteDocument(docname).

If this doesn’t help at all please let us know and post your code.

:mad:
I tried twice TaminoNonXML with coding

Set oResult = tamNonXML.SetNonXmlWithFilename(sXML, gSetting.PDF_Folder & "" & PDF_TEMPFILE, “application/pdf”)

but still fail to update

I only want to update PDF to Tamino Server, but failed

mark ~

What result do you get from the SetNonXML…
You can check it with code like this:

lerr = tamNonXML.GetErrorStatus(errtxt)
allText = allText + oResult.xml + errtxt
MsgBox allText

Sorry that my problem still not to be solved ~
It make mym project very trouble
please give me help hand ~

Our coding as below:

Set oResult = TaminoX1.Insert(oDom)
lInoID = TaminoX1.GetInoId(oResult)

Dim lerr, allText As String
lerr = tamNonXML.GetErrorStatus(vErr)
allText = allText + oResult.xml + vErr
MsgBox allText

because oResult = Empty (feedback from Solaris server)
So, lInoID = 0
And then tamNonXML.GetErrorStatus(vErr) = “”
Finally, program cannot show error message as it look as no error since tamino get back zero value

Hi Mark,

You code confuses me a bit…
you have written:

Set oResult = TaminoX1.Insert(oDom)
lInoID = TaminoX1.GetInoId(oResult)

Dim lerr, allText As String
lerr = tamNonXML.GetErrorStatus(vErr)
allText = allText + oResult.xml + vErr
MsgBox allText
</pre>...so you insert using TaminoX1 (an instance of the ActiveX for processing XML) but you test tamNonXML.GetErrorStatus() where tamNonXML is a Non-XML instance.<BR><BR>To process XML you need code that instantiates the ActiveX like this:<BR><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Set TaminoX = CreateObject("TAMINOX.TaminoX1")</pre><BR>and for non-XML like this:<BR><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Set TaminoNX = CreateObject("TAMINONONXML.TaminoNonXmlCtrl1")

…or have I missed something?

Hi Mark,

a remark out of topic: Please use the “ActiveX API” forum for further question regarding the programming with the HTTP Client API for ActiveX.

Thanks a lot,
Christian Gengenbach.