convertToValues

We are facing some problems in using the "ConverToValues"service.

We have an EDI file (INVOIC, EDIFACT 97A) like the one that follows:

UNH+0
BGM+1’
DTM+1’
NAD+1’
RFF+2’
NAD+1’
RFF+2’
CUX+1’
PAT+1’
DTM+1’
LIN+1’
QTY+2’
MOA+2’
PRI+2’
RFF+2’
DTM+3’
RFF+2’
RFF+2’
TAX+2’
NAD+2’
UNS+1’
MOA+1’
UNT+0

We use the STANDARD EDI TEMPLATE.

The problem is that when we call the “ConverToValues” service we get a structure where:

1. all the three NAD segments are uncorrectly colletted in the same record list appended under the UNH segment.
  2. all the five RFF segments are uncorrectly colletted in the same record list appended under the UNH segment.
  3. all the three DTM segments are uncorrectly colletted in the same record list appended under the UNH segment.

We also get similar problems using other EDI standard templates.

Does any of you have any suggestions about that?

One reason for this problem is the order you are building your segments before using the “ConverToValues” service. Consider the looping structure of your message and pay particular attention to those segments which appear in several groups (e.g. NAD, FTX, DTM etc…)

hi luca,
i am working on EDI messages and struck in a similar situation once faced by you.
I am using “getTemplate” service to parse the data. After “convertToValue” service the LOC, SCC, DTM segments are uncorrectly colletted in the same record list appended under the UNH segment.
I am working on UNEDIFACT DELFOR 96A standard.

I tried to find the fault but failed to do so.
How you were able to solve your problem.
Can you help me out.

I’m using X12 4010 standard and stuck with a similar situation , wherein the group & transaction segments are getting appended to undefData segment.!
Can anybody help all of us out here…
hyein!

Cheers!