Convert Excel file to XML file

Hi All,

I have an requirement for which i need to read excel file and convert it into XML file. I had gone through various posts but got stuck with few things.

I had downloaded “Excel_ContentHanlder” , “jxl.jar” file from wmusers.com → SOFTWARE tab.

I placed jxl.jar file in
F:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\EXCEL_contentHandler\lib
F:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\EXCEL_contentHandler\code\jars
F:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\EXCEL_contentHandler\code\jars\static
F:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\lib\jars\

After placing jar file i restarted sever but still the package is loaded partially and getting the following error as follows

EXCEL_contentHandler.util:MSExcelWorkSheetToRecord java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook
EXCEL_contentHandler.util:createExcelRecord java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook
EXCEL_contentHandler.util:MSExcelDocumentToRecord java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook

Could somebody let me know where exactly i need to place jar file , its not that i need to place jar file in more than one location !! Be specific

Iam i using the correct jar file → jxl.jar ??

Thanks & Regards,
Sudheer Martha

Before proceeding with the EXCEL reader, can you let us know what is the content that you do have inside the Excel file? Is it just a normal flat file data (fixed length or delimited etc.,). If that is the case, you dont need a EXCEL reader/convertor logic. You just need a flat file schema to parse and convert to XML using built-in services.

My 2 cents.

-Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry if my question was bit confusing.

My requirement is to read excel file (.xls) and convert it to XML file. To achieve this requirement i had downloaded the package “EXCEL_contentHandler” , “jxl.jar” file from this site under SOFTWARE tab.

Though placing jar file in multiple locations i am facing the below error.
I want to know whether this is the jar file which i need to use and could you please direct me where exactly i need to place the jar file ??

Thanks & Regards,
Sudheer Martha.

From your error, seems you are missing the POI jar, you can download it at:
[url]http://poi.apache.org/[/url]

Download the POI jar which has those classes and then place jars only under F:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\EXCEL_contentHandler\code\jars\

Do not put in all locations. that would mess class loading in IS

Hai! Im newbie in webMethods… so i’ve tried this package and i dont get the result in that suppose contained an xls data?. Please help how to used it. Is there any particular format in xls file?