Connection to CentraSite Tamino database from MashZone

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out what driver jars that I need to have in under my MashZone installation in order to be able to connect to the CentraSite database.
I had a look at the CentraSite 8.2 MashZone Integration page, but there the technical aspect is not covered. Found some information that refers to the TaminoJCA.jar but I don’t know if this is the one to use.

I would really appreciate any help on clarifying this.

Best Regards,
Håkan

Hi,

the connectivity is done through pure XML over HTTP, so there is no need to supply additional drivers to MashZone.
Please import the provided demo MashApp and have a look at the datafeed configurations which will tell you you data is queried through HTTP.
Basically the datafeeds send an XQuery Request over HTTP (or call a predefined query module) and get plain XML back.

Hope this helps
Daniel

Hi Håkan,

As you might know, you can run xqueries on CentraSite registry via URL. See the example below:

http://localhost:53305/CentraSite/CentraSite?_xquery=for $s in collection(“CentraSite”)/:service return {$s/:name/:localString/text()}{$s/:key/text()}

So it is basically

?_xquery=

You can select XML File as a data source in MashZone, select “The data is located on the internet” and enter the Xquery URL to the URL field along with the username/password.

MashZone documentation explains how to structure the result data.

Regards,
Mehmet.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.
I have now successfully connected and have built some nice MashApps displaying our asstes and integrations stored in CentraSite.

Regards,
Håkan