Connection Timed out while trying to connect to client smtp server over internet

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

webMethods-io

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Customer licensed

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I am trying to connect with the client SMTP server by using Simple Mail Transfer Protocol - send Mail (SMTP) but getting connection timed out. i have increased the timed out while configuring the account also. I have created the account given by the details provided by the client. Also client confirmed that we can access it over internet. but still getting the same error. can someone pls help me on it? should i check anything else.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

It would be great if you show me the piece of code that you are using. It could be case of the requests sent anomaly. Usual suspect is format & protocol mismatch.

I am just directly using the SMTP service for testing by configuring the server account details given by client.

Pls find the screenshot after run the service.

kindly check the connectivity from your system to the SMTP server. Any firewall restriction from your side to send out the traffic to that SMTP server ?

I dont think any firewall restriction from my end. we are calling it from the cloud only webMethods-io.
When we try to check with client side they are telling there are no hits happened in the firewall from my end. Any chance of firewall restriction from their client side? how to identify that?

Perform a request trace (traceroute on Linux, or tracert on Windows) to the target Domain/IP and get your network team to investigate the output.

If they confirm that your requests are going into the internet on your side, then you know it’s either the client (likely) or the channel inbetween (unlikely, since it’s over the internet).

Share the results with the client network team and they can then resolve it by updating the network rules.

KM

When we try with windows we are getting Request Timed out for source Ip and also for Target Ip.

command used : tracert “client domain”.

Also the client is telling that no traffic they can see from our end and so asking us to check the source server whether we implemented any source nat for outbound traffic. But from webMethods-io we didnt implement any source nat whether softwareAG has implemented anything like that? How to get the subnet Ip for webmethods.io products.
Unfortunately we are not having access to webMethods-io box also to check those things.
Can someone help on this?

I missed that part where you said you’re using webMethods.io
Is the SMTP server a SaaS offering?

You must reach out to the support team.

KM

The issue got resolved. After the source NAT IP’s got whitelisted in the client side we can able to access the SMTP server successfully. Thanks for your help and suggestion on this topic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.