Connecting wm_test_suite with CAF

Hello All,

Does anyone have any idea regarding how to call wm_test_suite with CAF? Means how to call the test cases that are created using wm_test_suite using CAF.

Please if anyone knows help me.

Thank you.

What is wm_test_suite? Is that something you created?

No, It’s an package from Software AG, for working on testing all type of services in webMethods.

Check the document related to wm_test_suite in below provided link.

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-9/Designer/9-9_Working_With_WmTestSuite.pdf

Oh, I see. I had never heard of that before.

From what I can tell that documentation is describing unit tests running inside of Integration Server. Since MWS is it’s own runtime and not running inside of Integration Server, then the specific steps described there don’t apply to MWS.

If you would like MWS to provide improvements in this area, then you can make a proposal in brainstorm @ https://empower.softwareag.com/Products/FeatureRequestsInBrainstorm/default.asp for consideration in a future release.

Thank you for your reply. :slight_smile:

Hi Shashi,

I think you can write a JAVA service using wmtestesuite API and call in your Portlets but not sure how the look and feel will be…

Can you please share the business scenario for calling testsuite from CAF.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

1 Like

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your reply.

Below mentioned is the scenario, which should be developed. If you have any idea on how to do that, please share, that will be much helpful for me.

I need to create a portlet application, where it contains select box with a submit button and in the select box I need to load all the test suites created for particular packages ( one test suite for one package which contains many flow and java services). Once, after selecting any test suite from a list of select option, then all the test cases in that particular test suite should run and output (success or failure) of each test case of that test suite should be displayed in another page.

Regards,
Shashi Kumar

Hello Syed,

If you have wmTestSuite API and documentation on how to use it in java service, please share.

Sincerely,
Shashi Kumar

Hi Shashi,

Even i am working on somewhat similar requirement.

I will update on the forum once i am done with it.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

1 Like