Configuring TaminoWebDAVServer!

Hello!

I have Tamino XML Server set up on a WINDOWS2000 Server. I also have TaminoWebDavServer installed in that machine.

Now I’m trying to configure TaminoWebDAVServer and also make Tamino XML Server WebDAV-enabled so that I can access the xml documents in my Tamino XML Server through TaminoWebDAV. However, I’m having problems and thats why I’m here.

I might be overlooking some documentation or may be doing something wrong. Following is what I have done so far:

1. I have created an XML file with the same format as mycoll.xml. My file is called etcDoc.xml. That file is storedin Administration/Configuration directory.

2. I have created a web folder called “taminowebdavserver on localhost”.

3. I haven’t done anything with the Domain.xml file. I don’t know what to do with this file? Instructions/suggestions please!

When I bring up the URL http://localhost:4000/taminowebdavserver/, I get a listing of directories. However, I don’t see my etcDoc.xml file under administration/Configuration directory. I did restart TaminoWebDAV Server.

Could any one please provide me with some instructions/suggestions/advice/insights etc PLEASE?

Thank you very much,
Syed

Hello Syed,

did you copy your etcDoc.xml into the Administration/Configuration of installation directory of TWS (TaminoWebDAVServer)? That would be the wrong place. Perhaps something is misleading in the documentation.

After installtion the TWS is up (as you have seen using the URL http://localhost:4000/taminowebdavserver/.

Open your FileManager and access TWS as webfolder (see chapter “After you have installed …”) and navigate to folder administration/configuration.

Copy your etcDoc.xml into that folder.

Restart TWS.

You should now find a folder /etcDoc under your TWS webfolder (beside the /Administration folder)

Domain.xml is THE configuration file for TWS. When you proceed as described, TWS will modify domain.xml according your settings in etcDoc.xml. There should be no need for users or administrators to manually edit this file.

Best regards,
Martin

Hello Martin!

Thank you very much for the reply. I really appreciate it.

I can see a new dir called etcDoc alongwith Administration. However, I was expecting to see documents already stored in Tamino XML Server installed in my WIN2K Server. I was reading through other posts and saw that some one was having such a problem. The solution to that was to run XRepair with the necessary parameters.

I run the following command:

“C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino WebDav Server 3.1.1\bin\XRepair.cmd” - url “http://localhost/taminowebdavserver/” -allStores - enableOnly

The command works but the message on the screen is “Path not found” or something like that. It probably tries to run several times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Syed

Hi Syed,

which version of TWS do you use? If you use the latest (311), which is highly recommended, the command xrepair is no longer documented and so deprecated.

From the TWS Console you may enter inodavenable to get a synopsis of the command, also described in the documentation under Tools / Tamino Collection Enabler.

Regards,
Martin

Hello Martin!

Thank you very much for the help. I have got it to work. I really appreciate your help on this.

I had one last question: I was trying to make the collection “ino:etc” WebDAV enabled…I couldn’t get that to work. Is there any particular reason why we can not do this or probably I was doing something wrong. Could you please let me know your thoughts on this?

Thank you again!

Syed