Before installing Platform Manager using Command Central remotely, we must ensure that the target operating system has Secure Shell (SSH) server running, for example OpenSSH.One of the method to configure SSH is using Cygwin (open-source software).
This document provides step by step instruction to configure SSH by installing specific components of Cygwin and then install platform manager remotely.
Below are the steps to set up an OpenSSH server on Windows
- Access the following URL, then click Install Cygwin:
- Download the 32-bit version (if you are running a 32-bit version of Microsoft Windows) or the 64-bit version (if you are running a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows) of the Cygwin setup executable.
- Run the setup executable, then click Next to proceed
- On the Choose Installation Type screen, select Install from Internet, then click Next.
- On the Choose Installation Directory screen, enter C:\cygwin as the Root Directory, and then click Next.
- On the Select Local Package Directory screen, select a directory on your local machine where you want to store the downloaded installation files, and then click Next.
- On the Select Connection Type screen, select appropriate settings to connect to the internet, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Download Site(s) screen, select any site from the available list, and then click Next.
On the select packages screen, ensure that you select the following packages, and then click Next:
From the Archive category, select unzip and zip as follows:
From the Net category, select openssh and openssl as follows:
After selecting the packages and clicking Next, the Resolving Dependencies screen is displayed. Click Next to proceed.
On the Installation Status and Create Icons screen, do not make any changes. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
- To configure SSH , run C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat and execute the following command ssh-host-config -y
This step will create necessary configuration files, a privileged separation user and necessary directories.
When prompted with "CYGWIN=" type for following:tty ntsec.
Now you are ready to start the service. cygrunsrv -S sshd
14. To verify if Cygwin (cygrunsrv) is installed properly, run C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat, and execute the following command Cygrunsrv -h
If Cygwin is installed properly, then all the Cygwin help options are displayed on the screen.
Below are the steps to Install Platform Manager on Remote Machines
1. Log on to the Command Central machine.
2. Go to Environments > ALL. Click the Installations tab. Click plus symbol at the top right.
3. Click Add Installation, and provide the requested values as shown in below screen shots.
4. Click on Finish button .Once the installation completes, platform manager will be running and ready for use