Configuring Basic Authentication and LDAP in API Gateway

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

API Gateway 10.5

Is your question related to the free trail, or to a production (customer) instance?

No

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Use case is to create an API that authorizes incoming request against users who belong to a LDAP group that is configured in API Gateway. I have created a team containing the LDAP group and added the team in the List of Teams on the Authorize user policy.

On the Identify and Authorize Policy I have the condition type of OR
Identification Type: HTTP Basic Authentication
Application Lookup Condition : Global applications and defaultApplication
Allow Anonymous : False

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

The error message is: A violation of policy was detected: Unauthorized application request.

If I add the user in usermanagement it works, but we want to use LDAP to identify users not add thousands of users to API Gateway.

Have you installed all the latest fixes of the products and systems you are using?

Hi,
I am assuming you are trying this on on-premise environment. Can you please validate if LDAP configuration is working fine, you can try logging in using LDAP user. Also, you can create a application and explicitly add the permissions and try.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.