Configure step fails when starting servers (InvocationTargetException)

Hello.

I was trying to install the BpmsTrial. Linux 64bit. First I ran the installation (-install switch). It went OK. Then I ran the -configure switch. It seemed to do lot of work correctly, but after starting some of the servers (I guess), it halted with an exception:

MWS, IS, UM are running. I can connect start them, connect to them. However, the exceptions looks like some part of the configuration went wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Ivo

Hi Ivo,

there is an issue in the script which shows up as you do not have write permission for the file
/tmp/mwsPrestoServerSetting.xml

There is a workaround:

• set environment variable WORKSPACE such that the file
    mwsPrestoServerSetting.xml
    can be created - e.g. depending on your shell

setenv WORKSPACE /tmp/
    export WORKSPACE=/tmp/

Bets regards
Uli Post

Hi Uli.

Thanks for your suggestion. I moved a bit further. This time no InvocationTargetException occured. But it failed again with Conection refused error. See the screenshot. Have you got ant suggestion on this?

Best regards,

Ivo

Hi Ivo,

I assume that SoftwareAG Platform Manager (SPM) is either not started or using a a port different from the default port (8092) because of a port conflict detected during installation.

Please check the following:
(1) There should be a file at the following path relative to your installation root (/opt/softwareag ?)
/profiles/SPM/configuration/com.softwareag.platform.config.propsloader/com.softwareag.catalina.connector.http.pid-*.properties

The actual value for "*" is the port. If it is not 8092 we have a port conflict.

(2) Have a look at the file “/tmp/groovylogs/testautomation.log” it should contain lines similar to the following ones. Is there a line stating “All needed ports are available” - or does it report port conflicts?

In case a port conflict has been detected: check which process is using that port and remove that conflict.
Unfortunately, the Bpms Trial setup does not support non-default ports.

Best regards
Uli

Hi Uli.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have checked both points. As for 1), yes, the file is there and the port number is 8092. As for 2), the log file states “All needed ports are available”.

So everything should be fine. Is there anything else I can do to make it work?

Best regards,

Ivo

Hi Ivo,

there is vague idea what might possibly help here:
On Windows we sporadically encounter an issue with the same CC command because MWS is not up in time; the error message is different from yours, but I would give it a try:

• Start MWS and
  • open the GUI (port 8585) and
  • enter the settings on the Servers page according to the screenshot attached
  • repeat the demo steps

please let us know if the problem still exists.

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert.

Thanks for your suggestion. Actually, should I realy replace localhost with that suggested host names?

I tried. The configuration ended up differently this time. But stil with an error.

Best regards,

Ivo

Hi Ivo,

the console screen shot does not contain sufficient diagnostic information.

Hence, please provide the file /tmp/groovylogs/testautomation.log or better run the following command grexec BpmsTrial -diagnostics and provide the generated ZIP file for further diagnostics.

Best regards,
Uli

Hi Ulrich.

As BPMS Trial has expired its license, I got new license files and reinstaled the whole BPMS Trial from the very beginning. Surprisingly, it was installed completely without any error. The issue didn’t occured again.

So let’s treat that as covered.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Ivo