Cluster node name issues in MWS

Hi

I´m using webMethods 8 (is, tn, mws…).

I get the following error from the MWS (Integration->B2B->Trading Partner Agreements) when trying to list Trading Partner Agreements:

ERROR: com.webMethods.sc.caching.CachingException: Failed to create/get distributed cache ‘TNQueryResults@:5555’; reason: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Member name is limited to 32 characters in length.; – check configuration.

The server is not part of a cluster, but there is a cluster node defined anyway.
It seems it can not be longer than 32 chars (crazy limitation by SAG :confused: ).

The node name used by the TN Query is defined in wm8\IntegrationServer\config\Caching\tangosol-coherence-override.xml and is: dev104ipf06-tla.dev.cerdo.org:5555 (34 chars) in this case.
I can change this, but then I have to change the cluster node name as well.

So - I changed it (to dev104ipf06-tla:5555) following the steps provided by SAG (see steps further down this post).

Now I get the following error instead:
Reading cache configuration: distributedCache
Failed to create/get distributed cache ‘TNQueryResults@DEV104IPF04-DAN:5555’; reason: com.tangosol.net.RequestTimeoutException: Timeout during service start:

[COLOR=#000000]ServiceInfo(Id=0, Name=Cluster, Type=Cluster[/color][COLOR=#000000]MemberSet=ServiceMemberSet(
OldestMember=n/a
ActualMemberSet=MemberSet(Size=0, BitSetCount=0
)
MemberId/ServiceVersion/ServiceJoined/ServiceLeaving
)
); -- check configuration[/color]

[COLOR=#000000]com.webmethods.sc.caching.CachingException: Failed to create/get distributed cache 'TNQueryResults@DEV104IPF04-DAN:5555'; reason: com.tangosol.net.RequestTimeoutException: Timeout during service start: ServiceInfo(Id=0, Name=Cluster, Type=Cluster
MemberSet=ServiceMemberSet(
OldestMember=n/a
ActualMemberSet=MemberSet(Size=0, BitSetCount=0
)
MemberId/ServiceVersion/ServiceJoined/ServiceLeaving
)
); -- check configuration[/color]

Any ideas why I suddenly get a timeout instead?
The MWS, IS, TN and all databases are located on the same machine so there are no firewall issues.

Best regards,
Mikael

Pasted from 8-2-SP1_Administering_My_webMethods_Server.pdf
To rename a node in a cluster:

1. At a command line prompt on the machine that contains the node, move to the bin directory of the server instance: Software AG_directory\MWS\bin
  2. To retrieve the cluster.xml file from the My webMethods Server database, type this command:
    mws getconfig cluster.xml
  3. Open the cluster.xml file in a text editor.
    You can find the file at this location:
    Software AG_directory\MWS\server\server_name\config
  4. In the cluster.xml file, change the name attribute of the Component element for this node and save the file:
    [LEFT]
    <Component
    class="com.webMethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.Server"
    enabled=“true”
    name=“node_name”><Properties
    [/LEFT]
  5. To deploy the revised cluster.xml file to the My webMethods Server database, at the command line prompt type this command:
    mws putconfig cluster.xml
  6. Delete the cluster.xml file from the \server_name\config directory.
    If you do not delete the cluster.xml file, this node will continue to use the local version of the file.
  7. Open the server.properties.bat (or .sh) file for the server instance in a text editor. You can find the file at this location:
    Software AG_directory\MWS\server\server_name\bin\
  8. In the server.properties.bat (or .sh) file, change the value of the NODE_NAME statement and save the file:
    rem Cluster node name for this server instance
    set NODE_NAME=node_name

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.