Cics RPC server and EntireX security

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to use CICS RPC Server with secured Broker in OS/390.
I compiled the ERXMAIN with NAT2PETS and NA2PPRM, and when I try to bring up the server I get error message of “incosistent security”.
I went over the docu, and also checked in Servline, and I think I did all what should be done …
Maybe I left out something?
Thank you in advance for your help

Hi Mona,

which Broker stub are you using ?

Kind regards,
Rolf

This error usually occurs when the stub is expecting a secured Broker, but the Broker is running with security=no or the reverse - the stub does not have security enabled, but the Broker does.

Have you verified that you are using the same NA2PPRM module in ERXMAIN as was included in the USRSEC for the Broker?

Douglas Kelly,
Principal Consultant
Software AG, Inc
Sacramento, California

I’m not sure what Broker stub the CICS RPC server uses …
I know for sure I linked the correct NA2PPRM module .
It looks like the CICS RPC server doesn’t recognize it has security configuration

Hi Mona,

ERXMAIN is just the control block but not the RPC Server. You need to change the RPCSRV module (which uses the ETBCICS stub).

Kind regards,
Rolf

Hi Rolf
That was my mistake I guess .
But should I add the 2 module to RPCSRV, or take SECUEXIT (according to the documentation this is the step if the runtime stub is C-stub and not ASSEMBLER one).
Thank you
Mona

Hi Mona,

per default the RPC Server uses the ETBCICS stub which is the Assembler variant. So you should use the NA… modules.

Kind regards,
Rolf

Hi RolfI compiled the RPCSRVC with the NA* modules, and the program fails to work now .
When ESRV is activated , RPCSRVC gets called in the CICS and exits immediatelly .Looks like something is wrong with it .
When I use the standard RPCSRVC all works fine …
MAybe you have some idea ?

Hi Mona,

it looks like there are some problems using the CICS RPC Server with Security. We have created a problem log for this issue.

Kind regards,
Rolf