Harald, thanks. That might explain what is happening.
The most interactive interface I have is the XPlorer and XQuery, unfortunately. I didn’t install this installation, and the person who did is no longer with the company. I only have limited resources to work with, including finding out licensing, since this database was originally installed “under the table”.
The reasons the information above might appear vague are that I am unfamiliar with Tamino, and the problem seems very general: writes to the database roll back when written with the XQuery tool. Trying a few dissimilar queries that update the database, having them all rolled back in the same fashion, indicated to me that it was a general problem with my approach, rather than a specific problem with the individual query. The Tamino version in question is 184.108.40.206.
That said, I’m trying to use the tools I have available.
The queries above are very representative of what I’m trying to do. They generally update one to a few records at a time. The number was always less than ten.
I spent all of yesterday writing a couple programs to do this, and they succeeded.
If this comes up again, I’ll try closing out the XQuery after writing changes to see if that makes a difference.
Thanks again for your help.