CentraSIte BusinessUI Guest user Configuration

Hi,

We want to configure following things for guest user.

1)Separate default portlets for guest users. Is this possible that we have separate default portlet for normal users and guest user ?

1. Guest user can search on particular assets only not all available on catalogue. How we can apply restriction on guest user search ?

3)How to enable welcome link in header for guest user.

We are using CentraSite 9.8.

Thanks

for 2) - ensure the assets you want to be visible to the guest user have view access to the Everyone group. Conversely, to hide them from guest, ensure the asset is not visible to the Everyone group.

Ideally, you should have design time policy to apply permissions on assets when they have certain characteristics (classifications, for example) and when the asset has reached a particular lifecycle state.

1 Like

Hi Douglas ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created role for Everyone group and has assigned “View Assets” permission to that role and due to that guest user is able to view all assets that are available into catalouge. How can I some hide assets ? Can we customize permission?

And, I want to hide assets which are not governed that means there is no lifecycle associated with these assets.So I can’t write design time policy to apply permissions on assets when they have certain characteristics (classifications, for example) and when the asset has reached a particular lifecycle state.

Appreciate if you can provide any other alternate way.

There is a built-in Everyone group. On the individual assets, grant/revoke view permission to the Everyone group, according to whether or not the guest account should be able to see those assets.

From the Business UI, open an asset and click on the key (Permissions) icon. Type “Everyone” in the Users and Groups selection box, hit the + icon to add it to the list of users. Ensure that only the far right check box (View) is checked for assets to be visible. Remove the Everyone group to prevent the guest account from seeing the asset.