Cannot start messaging broker in integration server, [Pending Restart]

Hi everyone,
I’m facing a weird problem, broker can’t start in integration server.
Settings → Messaging → webMethods Messaging Settings → type: broker Enabled:Yes [Pending Restart] .
Could anyone help me out, thanks in advance.
Please,Please,Please.

webMethods version is 9.8 and didn’t install any fix. T_T

Hi Felix ,

As standard procedure , after enabling(or disabling) the Messaging connection alias , you need to restart the Integration server for the changes to take place.

In your case looks like the Broker Messaging connection was disabled , when IS started , someone would have enabled it. If you enable(or change the state of messaging aloas) it then you need to restart the IS server for it to connect successfully to the Broker.

A simple restart of the IS will suffice your need.

1 Like

Hi Rakesh,
thanks for your response,I had restart IS many times,even I restarted server machine, but it doesn’t work.
it will become "[Not Connected] ".

I found errors in IS logs:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: JNDI setup failed on RNAME=nsp://localhost:9000 [Root exception is com.pcbsys.nirvana.client.nRealmUnreachableException: Realm is currently not reachable:com.pcbsys.foundation.base.fException: Retry count=2 exceeded attempting to connect to host - [nsp://localhost:9000/]]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: JNDI setup failed on RNAME=nsp://localhost:9000 [Root exception is com.pcbsys.nirvana.client.nRealmUnreachableException: Realm is currently not reachable:com.pcbsys.foundation.base.fException: Retry count=2 exceeded attempting to connect to host - [nsp://localhost:9000/]]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: JNDI setup failed on RNAME=nsp://localhost:9000 [Root exception is com.pcbsys.nirvana.client.nRealmUnreachableException: Realm is currently not reachable:com.pcbsys.foundation.base.fException…

Helllo Felix zhao,

Go to run>services.msc>restart the webMethods broker once and also please give correct broker connection settings in Integration server administrator page.

Thanks,
Prem.

Hi Prem,
I didn’t found “the webMethods broker”, but “Software AG Broker Monitor 9.6(6850)”, I have restart all services begin with “Software AG”,however, it doesn’t work. T_T

Is there something wrong with broker connection settings ?

Hello Felix zhao,

Please find the attached image and restart the Broker server(6849).

Thanks,
Prem.
Broker.JPG

1 Like

Hi Prem,
I didn’t find it in PRD environment,but I found it in DEV environment,Maybe there was something wrong with Installation of PRD’s webMethods, I decide to re-install webMethods in PRD,thanks a lot.

Hi Felix,

looks like default Broker Server instance was not created on your production environment but it was on your development.

You can create one afterwards by command line API.
See Broker Administrators Guide for details.

Please note that latest Broker Version is 9.6.
Please make sure to apply the latest Fixes at least for Broker Core, Broker CommandLine Tools, Broker C API and Broker Java API.
Otherwise compatibility with newer webMethods Versions might not be working.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,
thank you very much.