Can we access SAP directory AL11 using SAP Adapter

Hi,

I am new in using SAP Adapter. I have a requirement to insert the file into SAP directory (AL11). Can we access the SAP directory (AL11) to insert/read a file using webMethods SAP adapter?

Hi,

Could anyone please throw a light on it.

Thanks,
Srinivas Madhira

I don’t think you have access AL11 via SAP Adapter services since AL11 is all file/folder output based access (that can be mount/shared)

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for Reply!

If we don’t have access to AL11 directory, then is there anyway that we can place our flatfiles into SAP system. I have a requirement to pick a flatfile from one system and place the same file in the same format into SAP system. When I viewed SAP adapter I can see only RFC calls to/from SAP system.

Could you also please suggest the use of ActiveTransfer, and its connectivity to SAP system.

Hi Srinivas,

check with your SAP Basis (Administrative Team) if they can provide SFTP-Access to this directory.

If so, you can use Build-In SFTP feature (since 9.5) to place the file in the directory.

ActiveTransfer needs an extra license.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger for the reply.

So, you say that for SAP directory (AL11) if the administrator had provided the SFTP access, then webMethods can insert the flatfile and pick the flatfile from the directory just by using SFTP services, without using SAP Adapter.

Pleace Confirm.

Thanks Holger for the reply.

So, you say that for SAP directory (AL11) if the administrator had provided the SFTP access, then webMethods can insert the flatfile and pick the flatfile from the directory just by using SFTP services, without using SAP Adapter.

Please Confirm.

Hi Srinivas,

yes, this should be possible dependend on the decision of the SAP-Administrators.

If this is not allowed the SAP Administrators should suggest another solution.

Regards,
Holger