Can 6.1 & 6.5 run on Hp ux 11iv2?

We are currently in the process of designing a new environment for our wm systems and need to know if 6.1 & 6.5 will run op HP ux 11iv2 servers…

Thanks

Do you want to run both versions of IS on the same machine?

6.1 & 6.5 both have many components. Which component(s) are you asking about? The installation guide for 6.1 lists the OS support provided. For 6.5, there is a separate doc (can’t remember the name, but you can find it on Advantage) that lists the supported operating systems for all components.

Thanks for the replies.
We were thinking of doing a fresh install with 6.5 or migrate our 6.1 platform to the new hardware and os

we have all 3 versions, 6.0.1,6.1 and 6.5 IS’s running on the same box in dev,stg and prod HPUX-11iV2.

The only problem is that you can’t use the same jvm folder for all 3 IS’s. I noticed this problem when we upgraded our JVM, as 6.5 requires a minimum of 1.4 to run. So, I downloaded the latest JVM for hpux from HP’s site. I tried to use the same JVM for IS 6.0.1 and it failed to start because of the jar file ‘jce.jar’ present in the …/jre/lib’ folder. The irony is that,
a version 6.5 IS wont start up without the jce.jar file and version 6.0.1 IS will not start up if the jce.jar file is present. webMethods advised us to use the JVM that comes with the installer.

FYI.