C++ client for Web Methods Pub/Sub

Hi,

I need to work with some C++ agents via PubSub in webMethods. Are there any publicly available examples?

Thanks,

Stan

Hi Stan,

as UM and Broker both are JMS-aware you can try to use JMS-Pub/Sub instead of native Pub/Sub.
UM is primarily JMS-based afaik, but for Broker this becomes more complicated, but Broker does have a C-Api (and C#-API) available. Check those documentations in Empower Documentation Sections.

What is your wM version?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I am using the latest download. I am doing some development for a customer who is a WM customer, so this is a bit new for me. I found C++ examples for UM (or is it Nirvana?)
Thanks,

Stan

Hi Stan,

some time ago Nirvana Messaging was acquired by Software AG and after updating to newer versions it is now named Universal Messaging (UM).

Class Names are still referring to com.nirvana.* package structures and therefore the protocol in the UM-URL starts with “nsp” or “nsps” (secure variant), which stands for Nirvana Service Provider.

Regards,
Holger

Stan, Also the UM server (realm) endpoint starts with nsp:// notation for making the realm connection

nsp://umserverhost:9000/

HTH,
RMG

1 Like

Hi Holger,

Thanks. I am getting my head around this now. My last job was on IBM MQ, so the semantics are quite different.

My customer has set up a JMS service under webMethods. The way I understand this, is that is a protocol beneath Universal Messaging. So, if I use the Nirvana/UM examples, it should be transparent to me - right?

Thanks again

Stan

Hi Stan,

yes, checking the samples should give you a glue how to connect to UM using C++.
If neccessary, ask your customer to hand over the current versions of the API libraries needed to compile the C++ code.

Regards,
Holger

Stan,

Apart from above Holger’s recommendation, If you are looking for some UM ready sample API’s/articles with JMS you can browse thru SAG gitbub links and explore if any available:

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/ESB%20and%20Integration%20Articles

HTH,
RMG

1 Like