BPM process model resumption

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

BPM 10.5

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Licensed

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

While migrating the BPM process model from on-prem to cloud some process models could be in progress state and after migration it suppose to resume the processing in target system if the host name of underlying IS machine would be same.
In our case we are changing the IS VM hostname in cloud, Can you please let me know how to ensure that the in progress state process model will resume processing?

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

no

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

yes

Sorry, did’nt catch the initial conversation, please clarify if my understanding is correct as follows “There were existing BPM workflows running in version 10.5 in your on-prem data center which you migrated to a cloud hosted one”.
Othen than that no other changes have been made in your environment and things are fine.

Yes, Just migrating the BPM Process models from on-prem to cloud other than that

1. The IS VM hostname will be different at the cloud
  2. Few BPM process instances could be in-progress state

There is no other changes everything will be same as like (product version, DB version fix level etc…)

How to make sure after migration the BPM process would resume execution automatically?

Hi Vachaspati,
If possible i would recommend that all open process instances be closed out on the existing infrastructure, this obiviously may not be possible given the nature of business.
In that case i see the following 2 places to which you need to pay attention:

• Join conditions or triggers which provide input to the instances as you are migrating the entire database the corelations should match hence should not be an issue.
  • Completion of in-flight task actions should also be kept in mind.

Please do test these out in lower environments and let us know if you face any other obsticles.
Regards
~J

Hi Vachaspati,

For migration to a new VM, Integration Server migration utility takes provides a way for host name update in the database tables and other places and that includes BPM schema. Also, you may refer upgrade documentation and follow the steps as applicable - https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite10-5/SysReqs_Installation_and_Upgrade/10-5_Upgrading_Software_AG_Products.pdf

Since you have in-flight Process instances during the host migration, you may consider to suspend them before migration. Once everything is migrated to new VM, resume the instances. There are built-in services which are documented in Process Engine User Guide - pub.prt.admin:suspendProcesses and pub.prt.admin:resumeProcesses

Regards,
Gurudeva

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.