Blaze rules - support & Upgrade.

I see that the newer version of webMethods is running on JVM 1.8 and the older Blaze advisor is running on Jvm 1.7.

Does anyone know if it is still compatible to use Blaze advisor 6.8 version with webMethods 9.9 or 9.10 ? Can the .adb files generated from Blaze 6.8 be loaded from webMethods 9.9 /9.9 ?

Also, I did not see any upgrade documentation on upgrading from FICO Blaze to webMethods Business rules engine? Can we upgrade directly without re-writing the rules?

Thanks

Hi Sridhar,

Java is backward compatible so anything compiled with Java 1.7 will run in Java 1.8 but not vice versa.

If you have WmRules package and the appropriate MWS UI available you will be able to run the rules.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger.
Even I thought JVM 1.8 should be backward compatible. But did anyone use the Blaze with 9.9 or 9.10 ? I am not very sure if the .adb file created with Blaze is supported with new webMethods version. Because I see in FICO Community that .adb might not be supported if exported to the new JVM.

Does SAG provided any tool to upgrade the Blaze rules to webMethods Business rules engine?

Hi Sridhar,

you can request such a migration tool by opening an idea in brainstorm.

Or vote for it if there is one already.

See the following announcement for additional informations:
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/webmethods/IMPORTANT-ANNOUNCEMENT-Termination-of-partnership-between-FICO-and-Software-AG/?title=IMPORTANT+ANNOUNCEMENT%3A+Termination+of+partnership+between+FICO®+and+Software+AG

Regards,
Holger