B2BServerPackage adapter keeps shutting down

I’m running Enterprise Server 4.1.1/4.5 and B2B Server 4.0.2, both on the same Solaris 2.8 box. After I imported integrations that called a b2b service, the adapter keeps shutting down and restarting. I was experiencing the same thing on our Solaris 2.6 box but my problem where seemed to be that the service I intended to call was not present. I imported, then everything was ok. Not so on the Solaris 2.8 box.

Anybody seen this before?

[Debug] 0 error Unable to establish connection to server {0} - Is server available? {1} available COM.activesw.adapter.devkit.AdapterException: Unable to establish connection to server {0} - Is server available? {1} available
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace

(AdapterMain.java:4921)

[Adapter] Unable to establish connection to server {0} - Is server available? {1} available

^C

I found the solution!

When the B2B Server was installed, all the packages were migrated from an existing B2B Server. So the initial installation of the B2B Enterprise Package only installed the Enterprise components.

I uninstalled the B2B Enterprise Package and re-installed BOTH the Enterprise and B2B components, and everything worked fine.

Reinstalling made the problem occur only in certain instances. Anytime the adapter attempted a namespace lookup for a service it would then crash. A temporary work around for that was to shutdown the adapter, go to the manager, and clear the queue for the b2b server package adapter client. Then restart the adapter and it should work fine.

With the help of webMethods support we did finally determine the root cause or at least the solution. I had created a specific user on the B2B server strictly for the adapter. When I created the user I did not add it to any groups other than EVERYBODY, by default. I found that this user needed to be in the Administrator group. The interesting thing is that on our test system we did not have this problem.