B2B Project Trading Networks or NOT

Hello,

I’m working on a B2B project… we’re using IS 4.6… the project essentially enables our Business Partners to access data via XML requests…

I’m considering using Trading Networks to simplify some of the routine work associated with XML flows…

I’m wondering if the Business Partner needs to install something (some kind of a Trading Networks client??) on their end if we use Trading Networks on our end… the thing is, we don’t want to burden our partners with installing and buying webMethods software to talk to our servers…

Thanks,
Ken

I think of TN as a router of data based on rules we have defined within it. We use it quite a bit and have other partners who have no idea what webMethods or TN is. All they know is that they are receiving their data and capable of transmitting data to us.

To answer your question your Business partner should not need a Trading networks client installed on their end. So long as they are capable of receiving and processing your data you should be all set.

No you do not need anything on the remote system side. TN is designed to communicate with both WM and non-WM systems. The client can send XML over HTTP or HTTPS, FTP files to TN, or be another WM server sending transactions…