ATC logging error

Hi,
I am getting an error in the ATC debug log, when the adapter is trying to log an event.

The database is Oracle 8.1.7 and I am using the Oracle thin driver from the 8.1.7 installation. Below is the error.

" SQLException in update restart count: Error Message: Exhausted Resultset; Error Code: 17011; SQLState: null
Unable to log begin event ; Exception: SQLException in update restart count: Error Message: Exhausted Resultset; Error Code: 17011; SQLState: null
5:23:14 PM [Adapter] Unable to log begin event, is logging database available?"
How do I resolve this?

There is a Technical Article in the Knowledge Base that includes a similar message. You can check http://advantage.webMethods.com/article/?id=1611541147 to see if that helps.

-Nathen

This is a long outstanding known issue. Can you please confirm if there are any documents / events in queue on the ATC Broker Client?

If there are any documents in queue then you can clear the queue if this is not a production environment and you are willing forgo the events in queue. Restart the ATC adapter.

Hi
I tried clearing the queues,deleting the clients and clientgroups and restarting the adapter…but the problem persists.

Also sometimes it hangs at some point without throwing any exception or keeps on giving the following message continuously in debug mode

8:58:31 AM "[Debug] ATCDispatcher(0) validLevel = true; integratorCount = 5; integratorReadyCount = 0 "

Here is another scenario this problem can occur:

Try reconfiguring the ATC with new name and new client group. There could be some hidden components that are not visible in the enterprise integrator and it is also probably not configured / plugged in right.

Cheers,
Muthu.

I guess you are using ATC 1.1 version. In which case, you need to install the latest ATC patch in order to resolve this issue.
After applying the patch, the existing documents in the ATC queue can be processed by running the ATC in single thread. After all the documents are cleared, increase the # of threads if you wish to and restart it. That should get things going.