AS2 using HTTPS protocol

Hi All,

We have to send the whole file through Trading networks and not only the contents of the file to the Trading Partner.
As per our knowledge, to send across only the contents of the file is possible through HTTPS protocol and to send across the whole file is possible through S/MIME.
Is it possible to send the whole file using AS2(Applicability Statement 2)?
Could anyone please help me in this?

Thanks-
Natasha

You can send the full msgs though AS2. Please refer to the AS2 User’s Guide from webMethods for more info on how to setup TN to support AS2 sending of the msg to your trading partner.

What file formats are you dealing with??EDI or xml or flatfiles??

Yes you can send above filetypes via https/AS2 protocol…Please refer the webMethodsEDIINTUserGuide it tells info on all you are looking for.

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

We are sending across the Flat Files to the Trading Partner using
Trading Network.
Is it possible to send across Flat Files using AS2 ?.. because as per
my knowlegde AS2 only supports EDI and XML file structure.
Please help me in the this…

Thanks and Regards,
Natasha

I am not sure about processing flatfiles via AS2,but try setting content-type=application/x-wmflatfile or text/plain and send AS2

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
The requirement is to send the flat file as attachment to the url provided using AS2 protocol. Is it possible to send the File as an attachment using the AS2 protocol?
Please suggest

Thanks,
Deepak.

There are 2 things that are sent via AS2

1.Headers (Signed Encryption/Decryption/Digital Signatures)
2)Payload(file content stream ie EDI X12/EDIFACT,XML,flatfile etc…) So are you taking about same thing sending Attachments nothing but Payload??

HTH,
RMG

hi RMG,

The AS2 protocol is not supported by the 3rd party software used by the Trading Partner where the flat files has to be send across.
Now the basic requirement is to send flat files to a directory on the Trading Partner server.
Is it possible to send across the flat files using SFTP using Trading
Networks as i cant find any option of SFTP while selecting the type of protocol in the TN Console.
Can the FTP protocol implemented with certificates be a substitute for SFTP?

Thanks,
Natasha

I believe wM does have SFTP support in 6.1 & 6.5,there are some articles,SR’s in Advantage.webmethods.com site please check it.Yes you can indeed send ff via SFTP(outside of TN) still you can route documents via TN for doc tracking.

HTH,
RMG