AS2 send error Connection was closed during read

I’m trying to send AS2 txns to WalMart and keep getting the Connection was closed during read error. I’ve verified the URL and certificates and all is correct. Our firewall allows txns to the WalMart URL and port.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Or has anyone successfully send AS2 txns to WalMart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We use AS2 to send/receive Wal-Mart EDI.

Is your firewall set up to receive from WM too?

Hi Chris,

Yes, my firewall is setup to allow txns to WalMart’s URL and port. I’ve used telnet to verify this and it was fine. I’m assuming it is the gem.wal-mart.com:5080 when I send to them?

We did receive a successfull connectivity test from them.

Any other ideas?

Seems to me we received this (it was a “read” error of some sort) when we were attempting to use EDIINT:Send using requestMDN = to “synchronousMDN” and our trading partner was not set up for this. The HTTP session hangs on expecting an MDN in the same session, but the session ends before the MDN is returned. If your trading partner is expecting to send an asynchronous MDN, something may be “closing the door”. In webMethods, you not only need the “requestMDN” field set right, but for asynchronousMDN you need the extended field “AS2MDNURL” set to the URL they would return the MDN to in the TN profile.

Thanks Jonhanson.

I checked with WalMart and they request synchronousMDN. My EDIINT.send is setup with that configured and I also have the AS2MDNURL setup.

The funny thing is that I send to them with another product configured the same way without any issues.

I’m sure I’m missing something. webMethods support sais that I’m sending out but WalMart is not accepting it. WalMart support sais that they are not receiving anything.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

The only other thing I can think of is if there might be something closing the session down due to inactivity or session limits while the MDN is being prepared and sent. I believe firewalls as well as proxy servers can do this. I had one partner that I would receive “read time out” errors on because it occasionally took so long for them to create an MDN. We have since switched to asynchronous MDN’s with…

Brigitta,
Have you used GEM to look at the mailbox? You can sign on to Wal-Mart’s mailbox using RetailLink. It’s a very helpful debugging tool.
You can see if your txn is making it WM.

Chris

Brigitta -

Did you ever resolve this? We are having the exact same issue when posting to Wal-Mart. I have tried not requesting an MDN, sending just a plain message (not encrypted), etc, and we’re still seeing the “Connection was closed during read.”

Thanks,
Jason

I wanted to post a follow up on what ended up fixing my issue.

When creating a new partner profile and setting the Primary HTTP info, TN Console automatically fills in “/invoke/wm.tn/receive” for the location. I failed to notice this, and so it was trying to post it to the wrong place on Wal-Mart’s side. Instead of returning a 500 or some sort of legible response, Wal-Mart just prematurely closed the connection giving me the Connection Closed During Read error.

Thanks,
Jason

I wanted to post a follow up on what ended up fixing my issue.

When creating a new partner profile and setting the Primary HTTP info, TN Console automatically fills in “/invoke/wm.tn/receive” for the location. I failed to notice this, and so it was trying to post it to the wrong place on Wal-Mart’s side. Instead of returning a 500 or some sort of legible response, Wal-Mart just prematurely closed the connection giving me the Connection Closed During Read error.

Thanks,
Jason