AS2 MDN disposition notification

We have a TP who is just returning the MDN synchronously, based on the incoming IP address. It is not able to extend the address with the /invoke/wm.EDIINT/receive part necessary to post the MDN correctly. The require that we send the address via the disposition-notification-to parameter. This is the AS2MDNURL in the extended tab in TN. I see that TN is supplying the AS2from as the DNT value. In the send flow I can only see that via SMTP is is delivering the full URL. How can I supply this value via AS2 ?

Rob,

I believe this AS2MDNURL value in the TN extended tab will be used by AS2 when your enterprise sends outbound MDN to respective TP not used when receiving inbound AS2 MDN.

That’s is what i thought, but if you check the coding that logic is diabled and the one with the AS2-from identifier is enabled. This is what you see in TN:

Disposition-notification-to: 001234567
Disposition-notification-options: signed-receipt-protocol=optional, pkcs7-signature; signed-receipt-micalg=optional, sha1
AS2-From: 001234567
AS2-To: XXXXXX
AS2-Version: 1.1
Message-ID: <790742.1097855023453.javamail.system@zzzzzzzz>
Content-Type: application/pkcs7-mime; smime-type=enveloped-data; name=smime.p7m
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=smime.p7m

Hello Rob,
You may want to change go to the admin webpage. There is a ports sections where you can add a port to your system and have it route incoming connections to a flow service. They have HTTP, HTTPS, EMAIL, FTP, AND FILEPOLLING. You can set a default service. This way they can be set to communicate over a separate port and access the same service as other trading partners. Please read the documentation (Admin guide) for more details. Good day.

Hello,
You can click the help link when you are on the ports screen. I would suggest looking into making the EMAIL port. And I think you would only want the default service and not the global. You may need to direct the TP to use that specific port. Good day.

Hi Rob,

We’re using wM 6.01 and are using the AS2MDNURL field to let our partners know where to send the MDN to.
For this we add our URL to the AS2MDNURL field at the PARTNER profile. This way the URL will be added to the AS2 header of the message which is sent to the partner.
The field AS2MDNURL is ignored when you ask for a synchronous MDN, also when you ask for an asynchronous MDN and AS2MDNURL at the partner profile is empty, you will receive your MDN synchronously.

Make sure you put your MDN url in the profile you are using as the sending profile in the extended fields. If you are using the wm.EDIINT:send it retreives the extended fields including the AS2MDNURL by running the service wm.EDIINT.util:getProfileFromTN and your AS2MDNURL for your partner to return the MDN to when you send an EDIINT document should get populated.
Thanks,
Dawn

Andre, Dawn,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried a few scenario’s and found the following results:
MDN request, PartnerProfile, EDIINT, Comment.
1.synchronous, Our AS2MDNURL, No info, MDN received but NAK, no MIC
2.asynchronous,Our AS2MDNURL, our URL, WaitMDN.
3.asynchronous,empty, No info, MDN received but NAK, no MIC

In option two the Receipt-delivery-option is filled as additional field, whereas our TP would expect the Disposition-notification-to as the parameter field to use. I will ask them whether its usable.

Thanks Rob.

Andre, Dawn,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried a few scenario’s and found the following results:
MDN request, PartnerProfile, EDIINT, Comment.
1.synchronous, Our AS2MDNURL, No info, MDN received but NAK, no MIC
2.asynchronous,Our AS2MDNURL, our URL, WaitMDN.
3.asynchronous,empty, No info, MDN received but NAK, no MIC

In option two the Receipt-delivery-option is filled as additional field, whereas our TP would expect the Disposition-notification-to as the parameter field to use. I will ask them whether its usable.

Thanks Rob.