Archive Schedules can't delete archive data

Dear all

I created two archive schedule job to archive and delete TN data And the first one for archive data work good but the other one about delete archive data can't remove the TN data.and MWS server version is 9.9.

And the detail setting is below for your reference.

Anyone meet this problem and give me some advice.

Thanks!

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

TN built in archiving services is only able to archive/delete data from TN business data, but not from TN archive data as these tables are named differently.

If you want to delete data from the archive data you will have to mirror these tables (starting with “ARCHIVE_”) to a second schema with the original table names (without the “ARCHIVE_” prefix) and run a second IS to schedule the archiving service for this second schema.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for your response.

And I need to double comfirm that the archive schedule can’t delete data in tables (start with ARCHIVE_) and just only archive data from business tables to archive tables in MWM page, Is it right?

Is there any other way to config the archive schedule to delete the archive data in MWM page.In my opinion,MWS can delete business data and move to archive table.and also can delete archive tables data.

Thanks!

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

as per Trading Networks Built-In Services Guide (Chapter 3: Archive Folder) the archiving resp. deletion happens on both set of tables.

Overview
Use archiving services (services in the wm.tn.archive folder) to manage your database; that
is, to conserve disk space and consolidate bookkeeping of old documents.
The wm.tn.archive:archive and the wm.tn.archive:extendedArchive services archive documents or
document information by removing the information and the references to the document
from all production tables, and placing it in the corresponding archival tables. When a
document is archived, using My webMethods you can view or perform tasks on it just
like you do on production data.
The wm.tn.archive:archive service deletes documents from both, archival and production
tables. However, the wm.tn.archive:extendedArchive service can delete documents or
document information from either the archival tables, production tables, or both.
For more information about archiving and deleting documents, see webMethods Trading
Networks Administrator’s Guide.

Regards,
Holger