I have been working on ApplinX/SOA projects since years but just got this nasty question from a prospect who is currently evaluating ApplinX/SOA:
“How does ApplinX designer handle version control in Eclipse - like eg. ClearCase, The assets that are developed in the designer - are they in the workspace like all other things Eclipse or are they only in the repository?”
I think I know the answer:
- All objects reside in the repository database.
- Eclipse-based versioning tools can not be used.
- The only current development/deployment integration is with CentraSite which can be used to check references to mainframe screens, services etc.
- In a development environment involving many ApplinX developers and multiple concurrent development projects on the same ApplinX application - the ApplinX admin must export the application to GXZ regularly. Re-storing from such a GXZ file can be done only on object selection level - not by sub-project name, version number or such.
- Similarly, you can not deploy or fallback by sub-project name, versions etc.
Does anyone know of a better answer I can give?