Aggregation- where we will get user guide for "Aggregation"

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

UI: 1011.0.19

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

→ I want to get Aggregation of data for points registered. And also would like to get Aggregation user guide.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

If you are talking about measurements, you can specify aggregation type as described here: Cumulocity IoT - OpenAPI Specification

aggregationType string

Enum: "DAILY" "HOURLY" "MINUTELY"

Example: aggregationType=MINUTELY

Fetch aggregated results as specified.

Getting the series would return the actual values of the measurements. I believe this API is also used by the standard UI (data point graph and so on… )

Thanks for reply. But things are not clear yet.

What is Aggregation ?

• Addition of all values/No. of values

By above statement you mean to say we can get only actual measurements of the points but not the Average or Mean ?

Secondly, when I downloaded the CSV it shows different time zone even though I have added the location…

Can you please describe more what you are trying to achieve? What is your solution setup?
Not sure what form of mean you are trying to implement, but most probably this has to be calculated by yourself with Apama streaming analytics or in a microservice.
AFAIK aggregation for measurements series API is an average value with DAILY, HOURLY and MINUTELY aggregation types options

Let me give you an example:

1. Suppose we are getting data for a point in an interval of 5 minute.
  2. So for 1 hour I will be having 12 values say: 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,110,120
  3. So if I select Aggregation to “MINUTELY” “LAST HOUR” and download the CSV
    what values will I get? Will it be same as above or will be something else?

how do you download this csv file? It should work for the rest series endpoint, data is presented in JSON

like this Iam downloading CSV

It looks like when using CSV export, you get all measurements in the selected period without any aggregation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.