AddICEEnvelopeEDIFACT

HEllo!

addICEEnvelopeEDIFACT
Could somebody explain me what is the meaning of parameters to this service: syntaxID and syntaxVersion. What this values should I set?
I can’t find any info on that subject in EDICoreUsersGuide.pdf.

One more question. When I map IDOC to EDIFACT ORDERS and making convertToString, output string has not CNT segment, but I supply CNT to this service.

Thanks in advance.

Tomasz,

1)Set syntaxID = UNOC and syntaxVersion can be (1 to 6)select depends on your target requirment says…this value you can find from your EDI coordinator or EDI Analyst or customer who is receiving the EDI document.

2)What is the version of your EDIFACT ORDERS?
Also check in the EDIFFSchema/recordstructure whether CNT segment exists in the right structure or not,since when you do IDATA (structure)convertToString it creates the output EDI string depends on the record/schema/template structure it is defined.OR problem could be the way you are mapping to the record structure and so when converting it is ignoring that as undefined segment.please check the pipeline.

HTH,
RMG

Also is the CNT segment is showing as recordlist when you map the segment before convertToString?

Thank You for Your reply.

OK. I’ve set syntaxID to UNOC and syntaxVersion to 1. Works.

I am working on implementation of EANCOM (precisely it is purchase business process in ECR strategy) for my master of art thesis. So I am working on UN/EDIFACT 96A (using webMethods EDIFACT 98A schemas).

Yes, I have populated CNT segment in pipeline in OrdersEDI record (I checked it). Maybe it’s a metter of setting EDItemlate in convertToString template, cos I’ve only set nsRecord etc values but not EDItemplate?

Thank again for Yout kind reply.

mapping nsRecord should work as it is defined using EDITemplate.If not you can specifiy the EDITemplate.

Please check in the mapping of CNT segment whether it has all the required data in the fields.

HTH,
RMG

I have loaded template (getTemplate, UNEDIFACT_98A_template) and feed it in convertToString.

In pipeline i have object OrdersEDI. Subsegment CNT in that object looks like this:

OrdersEDI->UNH->CNT
CNT[0]
C27001 1
C27002 25 //it is total orders count in purchase order
CNT[1]
C27001 2
C27002 2 // numbers of LIN segments

After convertToString process OrdersEDI I get string (note without CNT):

UNB+UNOC:1+ACME+0010+050824:2342+242342102+‘UNH+242342101ORDERS:D:96A:UN:EAN008
BGM
NAD
BY
CTAOC:myPCC Buyer 1
NADSU0758478000007::9
LIN000105201314255000:EN
IMD
CU::9:HEX01:Farba czerwona
QTY21:12.000
PRI
AAA:13
LIN000203355994000077:EN
IMD
CU::9:HEX02:Farba zielona
QTY21:13.000
PRI
AAA:12
UNS*S’UNZ+1+242342102’

what should I check?
SAP BC 4.7 with corefix 3

thanks.

When you use getTemplate(UNEDIFACT_98A_template) are you seeing the CNT segment under UNH level in the pipeline?

If template has the correct structure then convertToString should work as expected.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

My service looks like this:

1. IdocToRecord
  2. transformFlatToHierarchy
  3. Loop over /orders05/ORDERS05/IDOC /* mapping idoc to edi segments and create populated OrdersEDI record*/
  4. getTemplate
  5. convertToString
  6. addICEnvelopeEDIFACT

Yes, in step 4. I get templateObject. After inspecting it in pipeline I can see it has definition for CNT segment.

in step 5. i set parameters of this service to:
-Values to created OrdersEDI record
-EDITemplate to templateObject
-nsRecord to full name of Records:ordersEDI definition

Inspecting OrdersEDI before exec of convToString I can see CNT filled with correct values on UNH level, with others segms like UNH02, BGM, DTM, NAD, LIN etc.

Hm, I’m lost. Still trying to get it work, but NO CNT in output string.

Thank You for your help and interest.
best regards,
Tomasz

Tomasz,

hmm…

Still wondering where could be the issue?is it in mapping side or something missing in the CNT structure that when converting it is ignoring the segment which is not in correct position under UNH level.

Sorry if i am not much helpful…

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

OK, If I resolve this issue i will let You know what was the cause.
So far everything else is working.

Thank You for assistance and time.
Best regards.

RMG,

I reconsidered Your suggestion about structure of record and… yes
before:

CNT
CNT[0]
elem1
elem2
after:

CNT