Adabas SQL Gateway version number vs CONNX version number

Can anyone explain what purpose it is to have Adabas SQL Gateway use a different version number than CONNX uses? When it comes to installing and using the software, all we really see is the CONNX version (currently 12.x). I have a hard time remembering which real version a product is. Since Adabas SQL Gateway versioning is not tied to Adabas itself or any other product, the reference to ACE 6.7.x is ambiguous to me.

I recommend next time there is a new release to give it the same number CONNX uses for the server (the next 12.x release for example). Does anyone know of a reason this would be a bad idea?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

When we started we used our nomenclature in terms of product version numbers.
If we change it we also need to change the number for Event Replication on LUW.
Let me think about what it means to change the numbers.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the response. I wasn’t thinking about how it could relate to other products that as a set make another solution. If this causes heartburn for how you package and sell Replicator, then I can accept that.

This just came about because of how I ended up communicating the last upgrade to IT and business users so they didn’t think I was talking about two products, and to avoid confusion on the instructions for upgrading the CONNX client software.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

The accounts are now merged and you should use your eaton.com email for logging it. Let us know if all works fine

Best regards,
Tech Community Team