Accesing Email box on the exchange Server through IS

Hi,

I have the following scenario with the e-mail.

1.Read the emails in the Inbox of a given email box (provided all the
authentication information would be available).
2.Process the emails.
3.Move the email that is processed to a Existing Sub Folder in that mail box.

I figured it out that i have to go with the email listener port configuration process, but i am not sure about that.

Could any one please suggest ideas to deal the above scenario.

Thanks for any help,
CL.

IS can access a mailbox using POP3 or IMAP. Exchange supports using those protocols. You’re on the right track. I’m not sure about the moving to another folder though. You’ll need to check the available built-in services.

Hi Reamon,

Thanks for your reply.

I am just wondering what will be the input for the flow service in WM which gets the information from email port? will it be like ffData as file polling or different one? if so could you please describe.

Once again thanks,
CL.

It will be different from what the file polling port provides. Review the IS documentation for the description on how services invoked via the e-mail listener should be structured.

Hi Reamon,

If we get email content, usually we run getTransportInfo service and other service which related to its necesity.

The problem is, we have to set email listener (host,user,password,etc) first on console (http://localhost:5555).
Question is, can we set port email listener from webMethods services?
I need service which read email content based on pipeline in consist(host, user,password, etc).

thanks

Not that I’m aware of. Do you have multiple host/user/password combinations that you need to use? If so (which seems somewhat odd) then set up a listener for each of them.

No, there’s no combination of those parameter.
I’m planning to built services in webMethods developer which has pipieline in (host, port,user,password). for replacing create listener manually on console.
Actually, i’m accessing email through services without create listener first on webMethods console, i just need to create via services built in developer.