7.1 - Controlling wsdl generated names

Hi All,
I’m currently porting some web services from 7.0 to 7.1 and I’m getting some complaints about the element names generated by IS for the wsdl. Specifically the guys working on Oracle 9i who are building the messages manually. As an example, a simple array string name ‘inListSPM’ as an input generates:

<xsd:complexType name="wstesting">
- <xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="inListSPM" nillable="true" type="tns:ArrayOfstring" />

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

- <xsd:complexType name="ArrayOfstring">
- <xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="ArrayOfstringItem" type="xsd:string" maxOccurs="unbounded" />

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

The documents the db is sending is quite complex and is generating some long (and unclear) element names. Do we have any control over the generated wsdl anymore? Can I build a custom soap processor in 7.1 and if so, can I control the generated element names that way? I am currently reading the manuals but I’m pressed for time, so if anyone has done this yet I’d appreciate some pointers.

Thanks!

Are you doing doc/lit or RPC/encoded?

Just because you can generate a WSDL from a service in IS 7.1 does not mean that you should. Now that IS 7.1 supports contract first, I would still recommend building your WSDL outside of IS using your favorite WSDL editor and then import it into IS as a web services decriptor in “provider” mode.

IMHO, WSDL generated by anything (IS, java utilities, MS .Net utilities, app server utilites, Maven-Velocity powered Model-Driven-Development frameworks ALL fall short in terms of creating WSDL the way I want to see it (modular design, imported schemas, logical namespace, operation and message names, etc.).

Mark

I just wasn’t sure if I could still import a predefined wsdl. Now that I know I can do it, I can set about figuring out how to do it (which is the fun part).

Thanks Mark.

-Scott

Not only can you still import a WSDL, now doing so is much easier.

You can also choose to use the imported WSDL in either a consumer or provider role. In provider role, some IS service is the provider of one or more opertions that implement the interface described by the WSDL.

Mark