XMLValuesToRecord error

Hi all,

I hope somebody know what is happening with the service: “XMLValuesToRecord”. When I call i, it raises the following error: “An error occurred while tracing.
com.wm.util.coder.InvalidDatatypeException: [B2BCORE.0076.9010] Sibling root element is null rootTag:Values localName:Item root:Element: null:Item”

This is the value for input parameter: xmlvalues:

Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

That exception comes from the XMLCoder.decode operation (which is called by “XMLValuesToRecord”).

The XML file that you are decoding should have been created using the XMLCoder also. If not, it is not in the correct format to be decoded by the XMLCoder (for instance the root element of the document should have the local name “Values”).

If you want to create a Record from arbitrary XML, use the service pub.web:documentToRecord.

Hi, jnco.

Using F7, Step through your service until you get the point just before the pub.value.XMLValuesToRecord.

Select the “Results” tab and confirm that all of the expected variables are in the Pipeline.

It is my hunch, though, that you intended to take an XML document (as a string) and bind it to a webMethods Record. If that is, indeed, the case, use pub.web:stringToDocument to create a node and then use pub.web:documentToRecord to convert the node to a Record.

You can find detailed input/output specifications and notes in the webMethods Built-In Services Guide.