XML inside SOAP node

Hi,

I am trying to consume an external web service from another company. So I created a consumer web service descriptor in the Integration Server (7.1.1).

The problem is that one of the nodes of the SOAP XML expects XML inside of it.

Ex.

SOAP:BODY
field1

<![CDATA[[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]

[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] XYZ[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] ]]>

</SOAP:BODY>

When I test this on SOAP UI (a tool to test Web Service) it works.

When I do it through the IS it fail. I logged the SOAP that exit from the proxy and the IS changes the SOAP to:

SOAP:BODY
field1

[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] < columnA > XYZ < /columnA>[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] < /Table>[/font][/size] [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] ]]>

</SOAP:BODY>

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks.
Francisco Pereira

While I think it is a bad idea for a service to put payload that needs to be parsed inside a CDATA block (which means don’t parse the stuff in this section), it would seem that this might be a bug.

However, make sure that the approach you are using for logging the request is not itself adding the HTML escaped characters. You might using a http or tcp tunneling tool such as the Apache Axis TcpMonitor utility to confirm that IS is really sending the data over the wire in the same way that you see it being logged.

Mark