xapplication 3.1.3 samples woes

X-Application Version: 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Build Platform : 2k
Installation Platform: Solaris
WebContainer : Tomcat 4.01
JDK Version : 1.3.1

I build the xapplication3.1.3 on a win2k machine successfully.
The setup cmd successfully created the xapplication/xapplication3.1.3.2 collection and sample data on a solaris machine. I have made the (addition of context path for xapp) changes to the server.xml.
I copied the the xapplication jsp examples (simple,property) etc and all other context directeries to the tomcat container on solaris machine.
The example code how ever does not work now, the message is
javax.servlet.ServletException: StoreException occurred: read failed: /Property[@ino:id=1]: NestedException:Tamino access failure (INOXRE8811: Collection name not found, Collection name = on )
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:457)
at org.apache.jsp.Hello$jsp._jspService(Hello$jsp.java:208)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)

The collection and data are present on the server, the WEB-INF/web.xml has correct location of the collection and correct name.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong can some one help here.

regards.
Amit

I found the problem eventually, it had to do with incorrect tamino url path in web.xml. Thanks for the wonderful forum though.

regards
Amit

Hello,

are you using the same Tomcat version on Solaris as you used on your win2000 machine?

We made tests for the next version of X-Application 4.1.1 ond different Tomcat versions. The result was that Tomcat 3.3a didn’t hold the session object correctly and lost information for collections.

With the versions 3.3.1 and 4.1.18 we had no problems.

Perhaps, the problem depends on the Tomcat version.

Could you install a Tomcat 3.3.1 on the Solaris machine and check if the problem still occurs?

Bye,
Christian.