xapp:select 'bug' (I think)

X-Application Version: 4.1.1
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tamocat 4.1.1
JDK Version : 1.4.1

Hi

The xapp:select does not create content of the the “value” attribute correctly in the following circumstance.

Attached I have included two schemas with the generated jsp pages by which you can reproduce this. It contains a Customer doc with recurring orders. The order has a number and a description. Then I have a dummy schema with just an order element. In the create of the dummy document I have a drop down list which shows the description of the orders and must have the order numbers as the ‘value’ of the select. You will see that the order descriptions are populated correctly, but for the ‘value’ of the select, the first order number is used for all the orders for that customer.

If you change the ‘text’ to be the order numbers and the ‘value’ to be the description, it is the first description that is used for the orders of each customer. So it seems that there is a problem with the generation of the ‘value’ attribute of the ‘select’ under these circumstances.

(Please note I misspelt OrderNumber in my schema, it is OderNumber).
(I have removed the lib directories to make the zip file smaller)

Thanks
Elsabe Jacobs
XappBug.zip (83.6 KB)

Hi Elsabe,

I had a look on your problem, but cause of a reason I’m unable to run your dummy application.

Could you please deploy the complete dummy application?

The best way would be:
Take a command line and go the location one level above of you application and type for example: "jar cvf Dummy1.war -C Dummy1 ."

Please, don’t forget the “.”, it’s important.

Bye
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten

Maybe it’s because I removed the WEB-INF/lib directory in the zip to make it smaller. We also have some additional js script files at the beginning of our jsp pages.

I have attached the dummy1.war file.

Hope it works now.


Elsabe
Dummy1.war (4.55 MB)

Hi Elsabe,

I have noticed your problem and I can reproduce it. It is substantial problem of our ‘old’ xapp:select tag. Other our users recognized a similar problem.

In order to solve this problem we needed to redesign the xapp:select tag and also the handling with it.

Please have a look to the following contribution:http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?p=13872

We have changed the handling that way, that you just need to send one xquery and you will take the result as the starting point of you text and value selection.

e.g. your xapp:select tag will look modified like following:

<xapp:select distinct="true" 
             collection="${testsdlVariable$}" 
             xquery="for $x in input()/Customer/Order return $x" 
             text="/Order/OrderDescription" 
             value="Order/OderNumber">




With this modifications the xapp:select tag works fine.

For installation instructions, please have a look to the url I have mentioned above.

Hope this information will help you

Thorsten
improved_xquery_select_tag.zip (25 KB)

Thanks, it works well.

Regards
Elsabe