Workflow market

Hi,
I have just started working on wM workflow and was just curious to know how is the market of workflow presently. Meaning to say… about how many organisations are using this product? and If a company chooses this product over other workflows what is the reason behind it?

Smriti,

WM Workflow(BPM) and any work flow product is always on demand…
especially Manufacturing,Financial,Insurance sectors mostly uses this product for PO/Order processing(Internal/External ERP interfaces),Project Task escalation,Credit Accept/Rejects,Claims,reconciliation etc…above functionalities are the reason behind it.

Bottom line is thorough knowledge/understanding business interfaces is necessary layer in the workflow integration world.

HTH,
RMG.

Hey RMG,
Thanx, I did get the business scenario for workflow implementation. But, there are quite a few workflow tools available in market at present, what makes wM workflow different from others.
My concern is if I have to convince a client on using this product what would be the features for which wM WF should be chosen.

Regards,
Smriti

Smriti,

One of the biggest challenges many workflow vendors have is building integration and data transformation capabilities that are enterprise-class and highly scalable.

webMethods workflow will compare favorably in terms of pure workflow features with the best in class offerings out there, but will excel when compared with against the integration capabilities of those tools.

If a customer has already invested (wisely, I might add) in webMethods integration tools, chosing the WM workflow product further leverages that investment by giving a very good workflow product world class integration capabilities.

Also, when combined with the business process modeling / management capabilities of WM Modeler, Monitor and now Optimize, you’ve got the foundation for a truly state of the market process automation and management architecture.

Now you could do this by integrating WM with another workflow tool, but you won’t get as much bang for your buck in terms of being able to view, manage and optimize business processes which include human interaction workflows.

Mark

BTW, there is a huge body of process-related information, data models and XML standards available from BPMI and WfMC. These two groups have a lot of overlap and have recently begun discussing a merger.

Mark

Thanks Mark!!
That helps a lot!!

Hi,
I have just started working on wM workflow and was just curious to know how is the market of workflow presently. Meaning to say… about how many organisations are using this product? and If a company chooses this product over other workflows what is the reason behind it?sdfasda

I have no idea how many customers have workflow but you could look at the 175 threads in wmUsers about wrokflow and count 5 people contributed to each and 3 were new to this thread (on average) and assume that (175 times 3) 500+ customers have workflow. There are probably others and some use it more than others of course.

Another way might be to see how many companies are looking for webMethods workflow skills in Monster (49) or hotjobs (59) or Dice (27)
and conclude that it is about time to get as much experience with workflow as you can so you can get your next project lined up pretty easily.