WmSAP 6.5 connection issue

Hi,

We have moved SAP servers on the weekend. Without going into detail, the sap adapter connects to SAP through various firewalls.

Since the move, we have been unable to re-enable the SAP adapter. I suspect a network issue.

The error message being returned is as follows:

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[SAP.103.9103] WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating adapter connection: com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPBasicException - [SAP.100.9013] WmSAP Adapter: Error on retreiving runtime attributes: Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed
Connect_PM GWHOST=XXXX, GWSERV=sapgw01, ASHOST=XXXXX, SYSNR=01

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host XXXXX / sapgw01
ERROR partner ‘XXX.XXX.XXX:sapgw01’ not reached

TIME Tue May 10 10:55:49 2011
RELEASE 700
COMPONENT NI (network interface)
VERSION 38
RC -10
MODULE nixxi.cpp
LINE 2823
DETAIL NiPConnect2
SYSTEM CALL connect
ERRNO 79
ERRNO TEXT Connection refused
COUNTER 18

I beleive the above error is coming from SAP, any help would be great!

I have replaced senative info with XXXX[/SIZE][/FONT]

hey,
were you able to resolve this error? i am facing similar error and not sure what needs to be done.
could you please share the solution.

Do you use load balancing in SAP connection? If yes try enabling without load balancing.

If it makes any change it can be a pointer for ur issue.

Even we were facing the same issue while creating a new SAP connection . Following is the Error encountered ,

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JXXX_XXX_Con_SAP_v1:connNode_Con_XXX_XXX.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection JXXX_XXX_XX_SAP_v1:connNode_XXX_WM_XXX: after 1 attempt.
[SAP.103.9103] WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating adapter connection: com.wm.adapter.sap.error.SAPBasicException - [SAP.100.9013] WmSAP Adapter: Error on retreiving runtime attributes: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed

This was happening because of the incorrect HOST name , we were providing while creating the new connection.

Did you try with IP or full name? Any firewall issue from your IS to SAP with in your network?

Is the RFC destination configured properly on SAP side?

As we aren’t familiar with your set ups, please check with your network/BASIS team also:

HTH,
RMG