WmSamples package download link

Hi,

I’m looking for a recent version of the WmSamples package, version i have is about 10 years old, so don’t want to use that.

I believe it is available on the site but i have looked for an hour without success.

Regards
Mark

I don’t know about that package but most of the samples are in github.

thanks I had a look there but i couldnt find the generic sample package

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I doubt that the WmSamples.zip package was ever updated after wM 7.x or wM 8.x.

When it is not available for download on this website it might got lost during the outage after this site got hacked some years ago.

As stated in other posts in this community (some of them are inherited from Advantage and wMUsers Communities), you should not use these services directly, but better copy it to your own code base and adopt it to your needs accordingly.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

When i was looking at some version 9 or 10 documentation a while ago, it was still referencing the old sample package. I cant believe its lost.

Should add, just like the old psutils packages, i never used the code directly but just as a reference for building my own version. The old samples were useful in understanding how to handle certain data, like multiple MIME objects etc.

I will have a look at some of our old 7.1 backups, i might find a more recent version

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

might not be an exact match of what you are looking for, but you can try the following samples:

If this doesn´t help you I kindly want to ask you to describe what you hope to find the WmSamples package which is not available in other packages present on IS.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,
You have to remember that WmSamples was created in the old days before this site existed alongside the amazing help that you get from people like @Holger_von_Thomsen.

You should actively search our tech articles for guidance and if you can’t find anything then ask away. We are always looking at what tech article to write next.

I think this approach is much better than a crusty old package, especially as it can only show one way and as we all know there are many ways to code, with each their pro/cons depending the requirements.
regards,
John.

2 Likes

ok thanks for help, i will simply use what i find.

I must be a crusty developer, as i used to like the old sample package it had some good examples. Trying to search this site to find anything actually useful when u have problems, is frustrating and time consuming

Please feel free to reach out to the community for information on any specific area. I’m sure you’ll get help.
Also you mentioned that it is hard to find useful stuff, could you please share an example, helps in making the site better.

-NP

2 Likes

Remarkably, I had a copy of this from 6.5 in an old, old backup.

WmSamples.zip (526.4 KB)

@John_Carter4 and SAG team – please advise if this is frowned upon and if it needs to be removed.

Provided as-is with no warranty nor support! :slight_smile:

For others that come upon this later, be aware that this is 10+ years old. While age itself is not an indicator of “not useful”, proceed with caution and with full understanding before leveraging any of the info in this package. These are bare-minimum examples for illustrating techniques at a high-level. And some examples may have been obsoleted by newer built-in capabilities and techniques.

I would not characterize any of them as “production ready” – use them as a guide for your own components, not directly. (Same caveats apply to PSUtils – which has additional constraints/caveats of its own.)

I wouldn’t frown :slight_smile:, My only concern is that have added a lot of new features and services to the product since 6.5, thus some of the samples may not be relevant or no longer the recommended solution.
regards,
John.

Agreed. It might be useful if the community commented about the various items in WmSamples, and perhaps PSUtils, regarding those aspects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.