WmDB package - Flow service

Dear Wmusers,

I generated 3 JDBC flow services using WmDB package.
Problem is for second flow service input is, first flow service output.

In webmethod developer, in the pipeline section i mapped “pipeline in” result to “service in” variable. When i tested this, second workflow is not getting the value from the first workflow.

Can any one help me how to fetch the value from the result of my first flow service.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Your mapping works if the output of the service1 is similar to input of service2 in the structure and names of inner elements. Because when you map at the higher level, only the source structure and names goes to the second service and not its input structure. So here you may need to map at the inner level from output to input of services2 (if possible, like one-to-one map) or generate the input structure of service2 from output of service1 and then map.

Cheers
Guna

Hi Guna,

Thanks for your answer.
First service query like below
SELECT * FROM STATUS WHERE SENT=? AND ACKNOWLEDGE=?

first service returns (10 rows)Transaction_id and other columns and i need to set transaction_id into the second service.

Second service query like below
SELECT * FROM QUOTE WHERE TRANSACTION_ID=?

Please help me how to set the value.
Bala.

Hi Bala,

As I understood, the first service gives ten rows (suppose) in which Transaction_Id is also a column. The second service needs which of these transaction IDs?
If you need to query the DB for each transaction_id then the better thing is to loop through the results of service one, and get all the transaction_id’s into a comma separated string. Use select * from quote where transaction_id in (the comma separated transaction_id string). Youcan use ‘Dynamic SQL’ adapter service for this. Just make the query string and pass it to the service.
Don’t call the second adapter service in the loop, its expensive.

You can use a join here if it fits your requirement.

Cheers
Guna