wm9.6 how to enable complete trace of HTTP/SOAP messages (incoming and outgoing)

wm9.6 how to enable complete trace of HTTP/SOAP messages (incoming and outgoing) for both consumer side and provider side of webservice consumed or hosted on Integration server

what and where to configure?
what and where to monitor?

any help is appreciated

Hi,

i had changed the server log level to trace. this makes the IS sub-system web-service stack to log all the http/soap messages to the server.log

but in server.log, all i can see is only the HTTP headers and the SOAP payload (SOAP request / reply/ faults) are not logged

am i missing something, any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Ajay kumar Kasam

Ajay - While starting server you can give debug level to be more higher. Give a try and let us know.

Thanks,

You can try the following IS extended settings:

watt.server.SoapRPC.debug=true
watt.server.SoapRPC.trace=true
watt.server.SoapRPC.verbose=true

Even though they say RPC on them, I have found that they are not specific to RPC-style services only.

Percio

Thank for your response.

I’m not able to find the below mention debug, trace and verbose options in the server.cnf or extended setting.

below is the complete list of soap related extented settings available

watt.server.SOAP.addEmptyHeader
watt.server.SOAP.completeLoad
watt.server.soap.convertPlainTextHTTPResponseIntoSOAPFault
watt.server.SOAP.defaultProtocol
watt.server.SOAP.directive
watt.server.SOAP.encodeXSIType
watt.server.SOAP.generateNilTags
watt.server.SOAP.MTOMStreaming.cachedFiles.location
watt.server.SOAP.MTOMStreaming.enable
watt.server.SOAP.MTOMStreaming.threshold
watt.server.SOAP.MTOMThreshold
watt.server.SOAP.request.timeout
watt.server.SOAP.streamHandlers
watt.server.SOAP.useMultiReference
watt.server.SOAP.useStringforAnyTypewithSimpleValue
watt.server.soap.validateResponse
watt.server.SOAP.validateSOAPMessage
watt.server.SOAP.warnOnPartValidation
watt.server.soapjms.defaultMessageType
watt.server.soapjms.request.timeout
watt.server.SoapRPC.checkHeaders
watt.server.SoapRPC.useSecondaryType

Unless these settings have been completely retired in recent versions, which rarely happens for backwards compatibility reasons, you can simply add the settings directly into the Extended Settings text box and that should do the trick. In other words, you don’t have to find the settings first and make them visible.

I can’t recall if these settings require a restart, so I recommend restarting the IS after adding the settings just to be sure.

Percio