I’d gotten most of our EDI done up with 4.6, when we decided to migrate to 6.0.1. For the most part, the migration is going smoothly, and in fact, I far prefer 6.0.1’s handling of flatfiles and EDI in general.
The main impetus behind upgrading was the vastly improved generateFA service.
Anyway, under 4.6, wm.b2b.edi:convertToString trimmed spaces, but under 6.0.1 it doesn’t. I’d really really like for it to. I saw the “spacePad” parameter, and thought that if I set it to “none” it might fix everything, but all that does is prevent it from adding spaces - it doesn’t actually remove ones that are already there.
When you’re being charged by the character, I guess every space counts
Thanks for whatever help you can give me (I really don’t want to have to put a “trim” transformer on every field map - I know it’s possible, but I’d like to avoid it)