WM Portal 7 and Designer

Hi,

Reading the help file coming with Designer 7, it is mention that a portlet that is build using CAF is JSR 168.

Does that mean that i can build JSF Portlet that are JSR 168 compliant and if so
how do i do that with Designer.

webMethods Designer 7 builds only JSR168 portlets. E.g. any portlet you create will be JSR168 compliant.

For 7.0 release the only certified container for these portlets is My webMethods Server however.

Alex

Hi Alex,

thanks for the quick response

1. when we had a demo of WM 7, it was mention that some jsf controls should not be available if you want your portlet to be JSR 168, if it’s still the case which ones are they?

2. When exporting an Composite application (war file) the lib folde under web-inf is empty, which jar files should i include to see if i can deploy on another portal server.

3. When creating a view, we don’t see the jsp page, instead it’s an xml file with the component definition, how can we use external third party jsf component in a view.

thanks,

Stephane

Sorry for not answering this quicker:

#1 Like I have mention any portlet you create in Designer is JSR168 portlet, however certain controls (only small portion of all controls) will not work if application is deployed to another container other than MWS (see #2 below about other containers)

#2 You are right, because it expects the application to be deployed into My webMethods Server only which already has all required libraries. While it was designed to be deployable to another containers and you probably could even seen this in some early demos, this feature did not get into final 7.0 release, you will probably will need to wait for Service Pack or 7.1 release for this to be enabled

#3 Yes, WM Designer does not use .jsp format for JSF views, instead it uses just an xml serialized form. We have not tried to use third-party JSF controls and I think that is not supported for visual design, however you may try to create and use this controls on the runtime creating them right in your portlet code.

Hi Alex,

would it be possible to have the list of the component that are not JSR 168, this will help us greatly to evaluate the product and conduct our application design.

regards,

Stephane Gingras

Hi,

regarding this response:

You are right, because it expects the application to be deployed into My webMethods Server only which already has all required libraries. While it was designed to be deployable to another containers and you probably could even seen this in some early demos, this feature did not get into final 7.0 release, you will probably will need to wait for Service Pack or 7.1 release for this to be enabled

Can we have the list of necessary files (jars) to deploy on another portal, we will package them manually, we tried it but we get a “class not found” error but the jar file with that class is included in our war file. We are trying to test this with liferay portal version 1.4

Hi Stephane,

We have to deploy webMethods 7.1.1 portlets in Liferay Portal. So regarding to this