Why TN canbt send FA automatically

Hi,
I have configged both “FAReconciliation EDITPA Variable” and “FAGeneration/autoGenerateFA EDITPA Variable” to “true”,but still there is no FA generated(I can’t find any 997 X12 envelope from TN webpage "Analysis > Transactions > Search Results ").Why?
Dose TN can outbound FA to trading partner automatically if TN can generate FA automatically?

Thanks

Hello,
Maybe you can look into generating the FA manually. There is the wm.b2b.edi.util:generateFA service. You may have to add the Group and Envelop sections manually in a flow service. It does work for us solidly. Then you can use wm.tn.doc:recognize and wm.tn.route:routeBizdoc to send the documnet back to TN. If you have AS1 or AS2 or some other transport, it will automatically go full circle through the system.

Check the ISA15 of the inbound X12 Transaction to see if it has a 1 or 0 present. It has to have a 1 for the Auto Generate FA to work.
Find and an EDI guide to see the explanations of the different values.

HTH

Hi,
Tnanks for your advice.
Yemi,I had made TN generate FAs automaticlly before I reinstalled webMethods.Yes,I can generate FAs manually,but if I do like this,I will can not use the convenience TN supplied,EDI tracking,FA reconciliation,etc.
Chris,I set the FAGeneration/processDocument EDITPA Variable to “all”,that is TN will generate FAs for all document regardless the value of ISA15.Is it?
And,in my test,the ISA15 of the EDI documents is “1”.

Hi,Yemi
Would you please give me some samples?I did it against what you said,but I can’t get proper results.
I really want to know why TN can’t generate FAs automatically.The official documents like “webMethods EDI Module Users Guide” said that if we set some variables TN can generated FAs automatically and we just need to set up a process rule to send them out.

Thanks

Hello,
when I get a document, I before would first generate the FA and then finish processing the document. This was when we were working with one document type. Now I call a general publish service to deposit the document, and have a Trigger call the FA service seperate from calling the rest of the processing. The html does not have the icons, to save time/space. As always, steps that are in grey are disabled and can be ignored.

FAservice
PR_EDIInbound.services_PRStandardSRIMakeFA.zip (7.0 k)

Hi,Yemi
It is like you generate FA when you have got the EDI document,and it has out of TN.Maybe I misunderstand your opinion.
I want to generate FAs when the TN has just got the EDI.In fact I use the EDIINT module to transport EDI documents with my partners.In this process,wm.EDIINT:receive first receive the document.Then this service submit the EDI payload to TN by calling the wm.tn:receive.
Of course,services invoking by setting the processing rule.
Now,I want to set up a processing rule to generate FAs for “X12 Envelope” document type by executing a customed service.How to build the customed service is my question.
Maybe you have much better advice.
Thanks!

Hello,
What you just said is what we do. We use EDIINT. here is the document path:

<<INBOUND>>
It comes from the partner, they call a custom receive service as a wrapper using EDIINT (wm.EDIINT:receive).

The deposited document is sent to TN.

TN identifies the document and calls the processing rule.

The processing rule extracts information (EDIData) from the document and publishes that data in a custom structure (PRStandardSRI).

A trigger that has subscribed to that custom structure finds the document and calls the custom processing service (PRStandardSRIMakeFA).

The custom processing service generates the FA and sends it the TN.
<<OUTBOUND>>
TN routes the document out to the Trading Partner with a custom send serivce as a wrapper using EDIINT (wm.EDIINT:send).

Hopefully you understand the path that the document travels

Kennlv,

When TN receives the EDI document and process it to a custom service then in the first step once you have the edidata in the pipeline then map this to generateFA service(pass the necessary params)and route the edidata(997)to TN,so this makes generating 997 as a first step (like automating) and send this to partner.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi,Yemi,RMG

I have generated FAs and route them to TN successfully.

And I want to set up a processing rule with a document type of X12 envelope to deliver FAs to my partners.In fact,I want all outbound EDI document processed by this processing rule.

What do you process outbound? wm.EDIINT:send or wm.tn.delivery:deliver?

Thanks

Hello,
In my previous post I said all the steps our company takes from getting the document up to releasing the new one. We wrap EDIINT:send.

Kenn,

To process AS2 outbound use wm.EDIINT:send service this will kickoff the TN processingRules for delivery.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi,Yemi,RMG
I use wm.EDIINT:send.Another question,I want to set up “FA Reconciliation” regardless inbound process or outbound process.Against the webMethods user’s guides,I know I just need to set “FAReconciliation EDITPA Variable” to true in TPAs.I do it,but the result is just inserting a FA entry in EDITraking table.The proper result is that three fields–FATimestamp,FAStatus,RelatedDocID–of EDITracking table would be updated.

How do you process FAs reconciliation?

kenny

To get the FA recon reporting, you will need to create a scheduled service to run wm.b2b.editn.FAReport:generateFAReport. It takes a little experimentation to get the parameters correct. The documentation was a little sketchy. I ended up running the services several times in succession to get everything the way I needed.

Kenn,

Basically for FA’s reconciliation you have to use this service
wm.b2b.editn.FAReport:generateFAReport and do some custom manipulation based on your requirement.

HTH,
RMG.

Hi,
Thanks for your advice.I have resolve this issue.TN can generate FAs automatically and FA Reconciliation works fine.The reason for this issue
is just the AgreementID of the proper TPA must be EDITPA.

Why webMethods documents do not mention it?

Thanks very much!

Thanks Kenny for that last post which really answered the original question. The goal should be to use the autogenerated FA rather than doing it in code. The 0 or 1 in the edi file could be used to determine whether each company gets an FA or you can set the TPA value for autoacknowledge to ON so that it always does, and you can pick the level (transaction, group) that you want. Also to clarify above posts, no EDIINT is used in this scenario.