Automatic FA Generation

Hi,

I saw all the posts on WMusers for automatic FA generation and followed the same to correct my setup. However, I am still unable to generate FA.

1. I have created the TPA with the Agreement ID as EDITPA (As I did see this could be one issue for not generating the FA)
  2. EDITPA has FA Generation true for all documents.
  3. X12 4010 997 document type is created both in webMethods and TN.
  4. A processing rule in TN is created to deliver TN using partners preferred protocol.

However, FA is not being generated. Even when I try using WM EDI standard service “generateFA” nothing happens. Now I am not an EDI person so do not know if there is anything wrong with my EDI document. However, TN did parse the input correctly created the payload and generated the EDI X12 Envelope, Group and the X12 4010 850 document. I also ensured that ISA15 is 1. However, field “FA Generation” set to “All Document” in EDITPA overrides this field is what I understood.

One thing I noted was in the X12 4010 850 document in TN the EDI ACKNOWLEDGEMENT field is set to false. Could this be a reason for this? I did see this question in one of the post but didn’t see a reply to that.

Another thing I noticed was when I run the FA Report it shows the FA field as disabled.

Any help would be appreciated. I logged an SR with webMethods but they were stumbling around just as I was.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Set the automatic FAGeneration to false in EDITPA and invoke generateFA from within the flow service(map the EDI string to edidata) and tell me what output did you get in Envelope variable in the pipeline.
There is nothing to do with the EDI ACKNOWLEDGEMENT field.

ramesh.

Ramesh,

I disabled the EDITPA and then used the generateFA Service and I got the 997s. The Envelope that I have gives me the control number and a status field which has a value “A”.

I suppose an active EDITPA was causing the generateFA not to work? I am not sure.

However, I am still curious to know why the automatic FA wouldn’t work.

Status field ‘A’ is for Accept the initial order (as received for example 850 or inbound edi document)…

HTH,
RMG

Steve,

I’m sure automatic FA will work.
By setting automatic FA to true, you will be able to generate the FA, but still you will have to route it to TN for further processing.If you set it to true, you will have to get the FA which was generated automatically and then route it to TN.it’s a double work.so it is always better to generate it in the flow service and then route it to TN.

ramesh.

I couldn’t get the automatic FA to work but I just used the standard generateFA service to get things working for me.

Thanks all.

Hi Steve,

I have a query. I checked your post. Its similar to my development, anyhow I did the same thing what Ramesh and RMG suggested to you. 

Hi All,
Now my client wants the control number in the 997. So I plan to create generate Control Numbers from control number table. I used the generateFA service for automatic FA. But I can’t see the control numbers in the GS segments. Please check the FA.

ISA00 00 ZZGECTMS ZZONTHYDROTEST 0510182010U00401* 460P*>
GSFAGECTMSONTHYDROTEST200510182010**X004010
ST9970001
AK1PO2
AK28500002
AK5A
AK9
A111
SE
GE
1*
IEA1 46

If i use the generateControl Number from inboundDocument then i can see the control number in the GS Segments.Can you explan how can i achive this.

Thanks in advance.

muneer,

did you set up the control numbers you are going to use for the sender/receiver from the EDI module home page?if not, set it up now by going to the EDI Module home page and click on Manage Control Numbers link.

ramesh.

Hi Ramesh,

I did that, I can see the control Numbers in the ISA Segment but iam not able to see the controlnubmer in the GS segment. 

I used generateFA service, In that i specify generateControlNumber variable as generatefromTable. 

Please Advice.

Mac,

When you add the addICEnvelope you should see the GS controlnumbers generated by WM?strange how you are getting ISA contrlnum but not GS controlnum?

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

Even i’m testing the generateFA service,it is giving the same results.i did set addICEnvelope to true but even then the Group control numbers are not generated.kind of weird.

ramesh.

Is anything missing?..we didnt find any problem using generateFA service especially controlNums.

HTH,
RMG

Hi All,

Sorry for the late response. I am using only generateFA service. Which automatically creates the ISA and GS values. But the thing is when iam using the generateControlnumber from table then its not showing the control number in the GS, But i can see the control number in the ISA segments. 

Please Advice.

Thanks,
Mohd Muneeruddin

Hi All,

I am still not finding the solution for this problem. I don’t know how to rectify the problem. I just want to know why User needs the incremental approach of Control number in the FA. Can any body explain me? 

Thanks in Advance.

If controlNumber is unique this is the standard way of EDI processing and it also helps business users for EDI reconciliation or document uniqueness or metrics etc…many more to say.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for the valuable information. Then how can i resolve this issue. 

To resolve this issue i have created the service the service looks like this. Please advice if iam goining anywhere wrong. 

Please Advice.

The out put is EDI.zip (43.0 k)

Mac,

Did you ever look at the value in ISA14. The value of 1 means send an FA and 0 means do not send. When you invoke generateFA you have to tell it if you look at this value and respond accordingly or to always or never send an FA.

Kind of late responding but hope that clarifies the usage.

Mac,

Did you ever look at the value in ISA14. The value of 1 means send an FA and 0 means do not send. When you invoke generateFA you have to tell it if to look at this value and respond accordingly or to always or never send an FA.

Kind of late responding but hope that clarifies the usage.