What is needed and how to enable java calls (from windows/linux) to mainframe Natural programs

I was asked to use my organization tool (Java based) to call remote mainframe Natural programs using EntireX 8.2
After reading several internet pages about EntireX I’m very confused and I’d like to know whether the following steps will lead me to accomplish the above mission:

1. Using EntireX workbench (running on non mainframe machine) to extract the IDL
  2. Using EntireX IDL to Java code generator, thus getting java source code
  3. Compile the java code and create a jar file - the client
  4. Ensure that the java class path contains the EntireX java Wrapper
  5. Invoke the method from the client jar file which in turn sends message that suppose to reach the required mainframe Natural program.
  6. EntireX Broker intercepts the requested message and forwards it to the Remote natural program
  7. EntireX Broker intercept the reply and hand it over to the client.

Is the above scenario correct?
If not, what did I miss?
Is the above described Java client is what EntireX docs refer to as “EntireX RPC client”?
I did not mention the component mentioned in the EntireX docs named: “EntireX RPC server” - Do I need to build an RPC server to allow my client as described above to access the Mainframe based Natural program? why?

Hello Avi,

some minor corrections/additions to the steps:

1. Using EntireX workbench (running on non mainframe machine) to extract the IDL
  2. Using EntireX IDL to Java code generator, thus getting java source code
  3. Compile the java code and create a jar file - the client
  4. Ensure that the java class path contains the entirex.jar file
  5. Invoke the method from the client jar file which in turn sends message that suppose to reach the required mainframe Natural program.
  6. EntireX Broker intercepts the requested message and forwards it to the Natural RPC Server
  7. The Natural RPC Server invokes the natural subprogram and return the reply to the Broker
  8. EntireX Broker intercept the reply and hand it over to the client.

Documentatio to Natural RPC can be found here: http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/nat823mf/rpc/rpc-over.htm